Dann Cahn has passed away

PasadenaTrenton

He truly was a lovely man; met him in the Pub, one lucky day, in Jamestown; he sat down by me, and I told him of my chronology work. He was VERY interested; asked several questions about it; and wished me luck with the work. I have it on pretty excellent authority, a friend and Lucy fan, says he went downhill quickly after the death of his wife, recently, within about a year or so.

Does anyone here have the exact date of his passing? Thanks ...

My tribute to Dann, in honor of his life and wonderful partnership with the Arnazes et al:

Dann Cahn, the Arnazes many-year friend and Film Editor, (“I Love Lucy”), 33 episodes, 1951-52; (“I Love Lucy”); editorial supervisor, 106 episodes 1952-53; Editor, (“I Love Lucy”): The Movie, 1953; Desilu Productions’, Our Miss Brooks, Editor, 1 episode, 1952, 7 episodes 1952-53, editorial supervision, 29 episodes, 1954-56, editorial supervisor, 17 episodes, 1954-56; and December Bride, 4 episodes, 1955-56; Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, editorial supervisor, 11 episodes, 1953-58; editorial supervisor, Willy, 16 episodes, 1954-55; supervising editor, 1 episode, 1955; editorial supervisor, The Brothers, 1 episode, 1956, Film Editor, Arnazes film, Forever Darling, 1956; Desilu Productions’, Those Whiting Girls, editorial supervisor, 13 episodes, 1955-57; Wire Service, “The Johnny Rath Story”, 1956; Cavalcade of America, supervising editor, 1 episode, 1956, editorial supervisor, 3 episodes, 1956-57, editor, Sheriff of Cochise, 3 episodes, 1957, editorial supervisor, 2 episodes, 1956-57; Editor, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Lineup, 1954, unknown episodes, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, editorial supervisor, 36 episodes, 1955-59, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 68 episodes, 1956-58, and supervising editor, 7 episodes, 1956-57, The Real McCoys, “Californy, Here We Come”, 1957, Editorial Supervisor, 39 additional episodes, 1957-58; Supervising Film Editor, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, 5 episodes, 1957-59, Editorial Supervisor, 4 episodes, 1957-58; Desilu Productions', The Fountain of Youth, Editorial Supervisor, 1958; Editorial Supervisor, U.S. Marshal, unknown episodes, 1958, Whirlybirds, 23 episodes, 1957-58, The Californians, 1 episode, 1958; Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Red Skelton Show, Editorial Supervisor, 1 episode, 1958; Desilu Productions’, The Texan, Editorial Supervisor, 7 episodes, 1958-59; 2nd Unit Director, The Scarface Mob, 1959; Director; Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “Man in Orbit”, 1959; Editorial Department, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Guns of Will Sonnett, 4 episodes, 1968; guest appears on (“I Love Lucy”), 50th Anniversary Special, Senior Editor and TV Consultant, 2001; Editor, The Desilu Story, 2003, as well as multi-year appearances in Jamestown, NY at the various Lucy-Desi Festivals/Birthday Bash occasions after 2003; as well as attends, with Lucie Arnaz Luckinbill and husband, Laurence Luckinbill, among many others, Hollywood Museum/CBS Celebrate Lucille Ball at 100/(“I Love Lucy”) at 60 Exhibit, 8/4/11, is born this date in 1923.

Rest in Peace, dear man...jK

I watched my regular two ILL episodes on Comedy Gold just as i had learned of his passing and i looked for his name in the credits and realized this was the first time i saw his name listed after he had left us. From what you people are saying, he was truly an exceptional man and one of a kind. :lucyblah: He's reunited with them all now.

He truly was a lovely man; met him in the Pub, one lucky day, in Jamestown; he sat down by me, and I told him of my chronology work. He was VERY interested; asked several questions about it; and wished me luck with the work. I have it on pretty excellent authority, a friend and Lucy fan, says he went downhill quickly after the death of his wife, recently, within about a year or so.

Does anyone here have the exact date of his passing? Thanks ...

My tribute to Dann, in honor of his life and wonderful partnership with the Arnazes et al:

Dann Cahn, the Arnazes many-year friend and Film Editor, (“I Love Lucy”), 33 episodes, 1951-52; (“I Love Lucy”); editorial supervisor, 106 episodes 1952-53; Editor, (“I Love Lucy”): The Movie, 1953; Desilu Productions’, Our Miss Brooks, Editor, 1 episode, 1952, 7 episodes 1952-53, editorial supervision, 29 episodes, 1954-56, editorial supervisor, 17 episodes, 1954-56; and December Bride, 4 episodes, 1955-56; Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, editorial supervisor, 11 episodes, 1953-58; editorial supervisor, Willy, 16 episodes, 1954-55; supervising editor, 1 episode, 1955; editorial supervisor, The Brothers, 1 episode, 1956, Film Editor, Arnazes film, Forever Darling, 1956; Desilu Productions’, Those Whiting Girls, editorial supervisor, 13 episodes, 1955-57; Wire Service, “The Johnny Rath Story”, 1956; Cavalcade of America, supervising editor, 1 episode, 1956, editorial supervisor, 3 episodes, 1956-57, editor, Sheriff of Cochise, 3 episodes, 1957, editorial supervisor, 2 episodes, 1956-57; Editor, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Lineup, 1954, unknown episodes, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, editorial supervisor, 36 episodes, 1955-59, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 68 episodes, 1956-58, and supervising editor, 7 episodes, 1956-57, The Real McCoys, “Californy, Here We Come”, 1957, Editorial Supervisor, 39 additional episodes, 1957-58; Supervising Film Editor, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, 5 episodes, 1957-59, Editorial Supervisor, 4 episodes, 1957-58; Desilu Productions', The Fountain of Youth, Editorial Supervisor, 1958; Editorial Supervisor, U.S. Marshal, unknown episodes, 1958, Whirlybirds, 23 episodes, 1957-58, The Californians, 1 episode, 1958; Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Red Skelton Show, Editorial Supervisor, 1 episode, 1958; Desilu Productions’, The Texan, Editorial Supervisor, 7 episodes, 1958-59; 2nd Unit Director, The Scarface Mob, 1959; Director; Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “Man in Orbit”, 1959; Editorial Department, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Guns of Will Sonnett, 4 episodes, 1968; guest appears on (“I Love Lucy”), 50th Anniversary Special, Senior Editor and TV Consultant, 2001; Editor, The Desilu Story, 2003, as well as multi-year appearances in Jamestown, NY at the various Lucy-Desi Festivals/Birthday Bash occasions after 2003; as well as attends, with Lucie Arnaz Luckinbill and husband, Laurence Luckinbill, among many others, Hollywood Museum/CBS Celebrate Lucille Ball at 100/(“I Love Lucy”) at 60 Exhibit, 8/4/11, is born this date in 1923.

Rest in Peace, dear man...jK

21st November

Such sad news. :( :( :( I agree with Brock; Dann was truly a treasure. I am so grateful that I had a few different opportunities to speak with him in Jamestown. He was always so enthusiastic, kind, and generous with his time. I'll never forget one year I sprained my finger badly and went to Jamestown with a splint on it. Well, Dann wouldn't sign my book or let me get a worch in etchwise until he asked me how I hurt my finger and how I was feeling. He was so sweet. RIP. :(

Have corresponded with a friend I met through the Center, one of the founding Board of Directors, Kay Statz, who was a great friend of Dann; and she has given me permission to relay the following on to you:

"I was "assigned" to Dann whenever he was in Jamestown.....I checked on him to make for certain that he ate 3 meals a day ( not that Dann would forget, but Fans would speak to him, want to take pictures, ect. and the next thing he knew, it was time for an "appearance" and he would not have time for a meal).....Dann was always amazed that he was a "celebrity" in Jamestown.....every year he would ask me to take his picture in front of the marquee at the Reg so he could show his family & friends....he was so cute & humble about it! I never noticed any memory issues, in fact Dann always remembered my room number so he could call me....even kept my cell # in his wallet!....teased me once that Judy (his wife) found it and asked who I was!!!!!! How cute is that!!!! All I know is that Dann deteriorated fast after Judy died....she was his rock and he adored her.......this is not uncommon, many men who have been married for a very long time to the same woman (I think about 50 years for them) deteriorate quickly after the wife dies...... so very sad.....no one ever said anything to me about altzheimers....he was old and tired and I think he wanted to be with his Judy.... and now they are together again......I think it's a lovely love story and should be left at that....... God Bless them both & God Blessed me with Dann's friendship...... take care."

Archived