LUCY MEETS THE STARS PHOTO THREAD

Lucyilove

This photo is fascinating. This would be one of the destroyed Tonight Shows, unfortunately. It looks like Lucy is wearing her Everything You Wanted to Know About Jack Benny... wig. This was May 1971, a year before she started wearing longer wigs (and ones that were more flattering than this one). I think that is Lucy's Ginger Rogers Comes to Tea ensemble worn open and with an additional jumper. Of course the main question is why Debbie in What's the Matter with Helen? garb has a monkey on her lap! I wish we could see this!

• 1 month later...

(Top) Love her hair/look here, wonder what year it was taken;

(Bottom) Seeing Julie & Red together makes me wish they'd done a special or two a la Burnett & Julie at the Met, Carnegie Hall, etc. etc....it would have been FABULOUS!!! :peachonthebeach:

The Cooper photo was a Share Party. They seemed to have this Western theme a lot. I'm guessing 58-60 given some other photos I've seen.

• Like 1

(Top) Love her hair/look here, wonder what year it was taken;

(Bottom) Seeing Julie & Red together makes me wish they'd done a special or two a la Burnett & Julie at the Met, Carnegie Hall, etc. etc....it would have been FABULOUS!!!  :peachonthebeach:

I had no idea Julie was also a tall woman!  Great photo; not so lovely of our girl! 

• 2 months later...

That's Lana. I think this is Eddie Buzzel Director of Easy to Wed and Best Foot Forward.

I think you're right... coincidence I wonder or just ironic that she perhaps looked at her amazingest (if that's a word??) in both of the films he helmed.

Was Irma doing her hair yet? So flattering!! :HALKING:

mil.jpg

"Watch the strap, Milton! You sure don't want that to pop in your face!!" :lucythrill:

"I don't care how big it is, Milton! You should have tried harder years ago before you needed an hydraulic assist!!" :HALKING:

"Lucy my darling, I love the frock you're wearing tonight... do you think I could borrow it sometime??" :vanda:

• 4 weeks later...