OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

Poor Miss Hansen. She was a shambles since the fire. LOL

On a morbid note, did we determine that Mabel Paige was the very first I Love Lucy co-star/guest star to die?

Not sure if Mabel was indeed the first to pass away on the series and though it took a lot of research/tenacity, finally found her grave. Fun actress that went way back!

IMG_4736.JPG

7501530_108969082065.jpg

Mabel+Paige+in+I+Love+Lucy+s3e2.jpg

Poor Miss Hansen. She was a shambles since the fire. LOL

On a morbid note, did we determine that Mabel Paige was the very first I Love Lucy co-star/guest star to die?

Lucy's great friend Ed Sedgwick died before his appearance in "Lucy's Last Birthday" even aired. Mabel is probably the first on the show with lines/billing who died.

Thanks for sharing those cool pictures, Rick!

Not sure if Mabel was indeed the first to pass away on the series and though it took a lot of research/tenacity, finally found her grave. Fun actress that went way back!

IMG_4736.JPG

7501530_108969082065.jpg

Wow, well. she wasn't exact;y the picture of health in that picture, but considering she was 74, makes sense. Had no idea she died right afterwards, nor even Ed Sedgwick for that matter.

Lucy's great friend Ed Sedgwick died before his appearance in "Lucy's Last Birthday" even aired. Mabel is probably the first on the show with lines/billing who died.

Thanks for sharing those cool pictures, Rick!

I knew you'd have the poop, Harry; thanks. And, thanks, also, to Rick for the great photos of Mabel. Love the information....JK

I knew you'd have the poop, Harry; thanks. And, thanks, also, to Rick for the great photos of Mabel. Love the information....JK

Also: from/Brock: On a morbid note, did we determine that Mabel Paige was the very first I Love Lucy co-star/guest star to die?

Regarding Mabel Paige, who passed 2/9/54

Florence Bates passed 1/31/54 - Harry???

Richard J. Collins, one of the screenwriters for Lucy's "Thousands Cheer" has died at 98.

Thanks, Brock, just watched parts of TC this morning; missed Lucille's appearance, though

Do you have date of death? IMDb does NOT have it...yet! thanks.

OTHERS: 2/13:

Lili Pons, 1976; Jack Gardner, 1977; David Janssen, 1980; Martin Balsam,1996

Eve Whitney, 2002

2/14:

Wallis Clark, 1961; Frederick Bigelow, 1963; Wolfe Barzell, 1969; Bonnie Bannon, 1989

Johnny Longdon (on his birthday), 2003; Eloise Jensson, 2004; Richard Collins, 2013

2/15:

Nat King Cole, 1965; James Allardice, 1966; Wally Cox, 1973; Lou Derman, 1976;

Chill Wills, 1978; Ethel Merman, 1984; Ray Evans, 2007;

TODAY's famous persons' deaths:

Jesslyn Fax, 1975; Kathryn Grayson, 2010; Len Lesser, 2011

Maker of headstone: "Your grandmother dying is so sad and how would like to handle the down payment?"

Was "Dress Shop" filmed in 1954 (or 1953?). How soon after it aired did Mabel pass?

Leenorman: I have a request. I know who most of these people are, but not all of them. It would help if you put

--thier age at death (approximate is OK)

--a brief explanation of their Lucy connection, if any. If not, their claim to fame.

I'm assuming Strom Thurmond's love child was NOT one of the two or three black residents of Bancroft dancing in the chorus.

Other than Flip wilson's secretary, I can't think of an African-American bit playing actress who had lines---except for one of the stewardess trainees who came in saying their last name first.

In "Lucy's Last Birthday", when Fred is listing the names of the people who are going to attend, I love the way he says "the SEGDEWICKS".

IMG_4736.JPG

Was "Dress Shop" filmed in 1954 (or 1953?). How soon after it aired did Mabel pass?

"The Girls Go into Business" was filmed on September 11, 1953. Mabel passed away February 9, 1954, according to Joyce's post.

Other than Flip wilson's secretary, I can't think of an African-American bit playing actress who had lines---except for one of the stewardess trainees who came in saying their last name first.

Rosalind Miles was an African American actress who had lines in a couple of Here's Lucy episodes. She played the waitress at Schwab's Drug Store in "The Case of the Reckless Wheelchair Driver" and a flight attendant in "Lucy Helps David Frost Go Night-Night."