OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

17 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Lou Grant star Jack Bannon, son of Bea Benadaret and one of the grooms in "Lucy the Conclusion Jumper," has died at 77.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/oct/26/veteran-stage-and-screen-actor-jack-bannon-of-lou-/#/0

I didn't know he was married to Ellen Travolta. 

I just found out a couple years ago that he and Ellen Travolta were married.  There are so many showbiz family connections it's amazing.  Just think, Tony Manero and Pearl Bodine are relatives.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

And aren't we on a death watch for David Cassidy as a few sources on Facebook seem to be jumping the guy on confirming it?

The latest update on David was that his condition is "critical but stable," according to his ex-wife, and that he is no longer in an induced coma. Let's all hope he pulls through. 

On 9/28/2017 at 5:05 AM, Brock said:

Multiple friends – but no news sources I can find – are reporting the death of Anne Jeffreys at 94.

Just saw this:............. NOOOOOO!!!!  The last of my 50s faves still with us.  At least she got one last role: a guest shot on the overlooked, underrated HBO series "Getting On"

Topper has the shortest run of any HIT TV series, a witty sophisticated show that really needs a DVD release.  A lot of the appeal was the wonderful cast.  Anne was a standout.    I saw it in reruns well over a decade later, the 78 episodes still being hot in syndication.  Of course, Anne married the ex-Mr. Ann Sothern....AND I discovered her birth name was...................CARMICHAEL!!

She was part of the West Hollywood "Ladies who Lunch" group along with our own Carole Cook.  No men allowed although I considered sneaking as a carpet cleaner, an interior decorator or Barbara Morrison ("I might like to join your group, but I'd like a LITTLE more time to think it ov-ah")

14 hours ago, Brock said:

And now "Keith" joins Tracy and Mr. Kincaid in the Great Hereafter.  Another piece of my childhood is gone.   Friday nights when I was a kid meant The Brady Bunch at 8:00, followed by The Partridge Family at 8:30, and later in the evening The Odd Couple and Love, American Style.  But The Partridge Family was my favorite show, especially during the year when was in third grade.  I used to call the local radio station on their request line and ask them to "play anything by the Partridge Family."  And they would.  (It was a small town.)  The next year for Christmas, "Santa" gave me a Brady Bunch album ("Meet the Brady Bunch"), and my sister got a Partridge Family album ("The Partridge Family -- at Home with their Greatest Hits").  I was so envious.  I was the one who was the big Partridge Family fan, not her.  So why was I stuck with this Brady Bunch album?  And why did she get the Partridge Family album, which she wasn't even playing?  And she was actually partial to The Brady Bunch anyway.  This was so backwards.  How could my parents -- er, Santa -- get it so wrong?  Fortunately, my sister agreed to trade albums with me.  I then proceeded to wear that "Partridge Family" album out. 

As an adult, I can no longer bear to sit through a single episode of The Partridge Family.  But that doesn't diminish what the show meant to me as an eight and nine year old.  And poor David.  While it seems that his fans mostly did move on from that show, they never allowed him to do the same.  Add to that the fact that as a young man he dreamed of becoming a rock star, not a bubblegum pop singer.  I think that was a big part of some of the struggles he's had in recent years, and which I don't doubt contributed to his decline and death.  I hope he at least realized the happiness he brought to a lot of youngsters way back when, and the memories we have carried forward. 

One thing for me that has not changed since I was a kid is my favorite song from that old album remains my favorite Partridge Family song still:  "It's One of Those Nights."  Not that I spend much time listening to Partridge Family music, but hey, it has its place!  Their music may seem very corny to younger generations (as it did even in its day), but it evokes happy childhood memories for some of us older folks. 

By the way, the guy sitting in the audience in this video is Bruce Kimmel, who went on to have (and still has) a very successful career as music producer, theater director and author.  He has a blog where he has posted a nice tribute of his recollections of David Cassidy.  http://www.haineshisway.com/2017/11/david-cassidy/
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...