OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stanley Donen’s speech is the ultimate example of why the lifetime achievement awards should be part of the main Oscar ceremony!

It never occurred to me how young Stanley Donen was when he began directing these classic musicals. Prior to that, he was a cadet in Best Foot Forward.

I thought he and Elaine May seemed like a fun couple.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

I thought he and Elaine May seemed like a fun couple.  

Apparently the silver pendant he wore so frequently in his later years read “If found, return to Elaine May”. That’s about the sweetest and most on-brand representation of what their coupling must’ve been like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HarryCarter said:

Richard Erdman, who appeared with Lucy in Easy Living and played the disgruntled supermarket manager in Lucy Loses Her Cool, has died at 93.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/richard-erdman-dead-community-stalag-917730

Just from briefly scanning his IMDb page you realize that he was in everything. I thought he had already passed. Not many can boast that they've been in Mr. Skeffington and Dr. Ken- nor would they admit it!

• 3 weeks later...

Lena Horne is trending on Twitter today because apparently people care enough to share news of her death, but don’t care enough to know that it happened nine years ago. I wonder if this got started because someone saw her obituary and genuinely thought she just passed, or if someone wanted to see if they could actually get a few schmucks to fall for it. Either way, I’m glad people who are (clearly) unfamiliar are now reading about her life!