OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

5 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

Brian Dennehy has died at 81. 

Very talented man. We both attended the same high school (not at the same time!). I saw him on Broadway in Love Letters opposite Carol Burnett and talked to him after the show. I mentioned our high school and he sang the school’s entire fight song! I didn’t know we had one. 😂

Brian Dennehy also makes me think of this amazing story from Quinn Cummings. 

https://twitter.com/quinncy/status/1060303097178673152?s=21

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

It's a sad day. However, he will no longer have to suffer with Parkinson's disease. He was a great talent, humble man, and all around a good human being. RIP Tom!

NOTE: With the passing of Mr. Lester, this means that the entire main cast of Green Acres is now deceased. This classic series, unfortunately, now joins our beloved I Love Lucy and our beloved The Lucy Show in this category.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

The ridiculously funny Jerry Stiller has gone to join Anne Meara, per their son Ben☹️

I’ll throw in that this is going to cast quite a pall over this year’s Festivus, a holiday my grandpa actually acknowledges- complete with metal pole. Jerry’s legacy lives on!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 11:28 PM, Mot Morenzi said:

Glee actress Naya Rivera is presumed dead after disappearing at a California lake several days ago.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-10/glee-star-naya-rivera-presumed-dead-disappear-at-lake/12441562

I hope she is found alive, but that appears unlikely under the circumstances. 

This morning (Mon 7/13/2020) local LA news here reflects a body has been found and recovered and once autopsy is performed, will be an announcement whether it's her or not (which sadly, it very likely is).😪

UPDATE:

"On the sixth day of searching a Southern California lake, Naya Rivera's body was recovered. The discovery of the "Glee" star's body, while not unexpected, brings a heartbreaking end to the tragedy. Naya was 33. "A body has been found at Lake Piru this morning. The recovery is in progress," the Ventura County Sheriff's Office tweeted on Monday, July 13. Police later told The Wrap and the Los Angeles Times that the body was in fact Naya's. Prior to the recovery, Naya was last seen swimming in the lake while out with her 4-year-old son, Josey, who was found alone in a rented boat. Following Monday's news, several celebrities expressed their condolences to Naya's family."

--Microsoft News 7/13/20

• 2 weeks later...

Annie Ross, the jazz singer of legendary renown, has died at 89 (four days before her birthday). A couple of months ago I was rewatching one of my favorite movies, Short Cuts, which she gives an amazing performance in. It really shows off her wonderful vocal stylings as well. I looked up what she was up to and was sad to see that she'd been in poor health for awhile and there was a fundraiser to get her proper home care.

3 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

I swear I thought he died years ago. He was old in the 1980s on Our House. 

You’re not alone. Years ago, Lily Tomlin told a story on a late night show about how she’d publicly referred to “the late Wilford Brimley” and later had to apologise, in writing, to Brimley’s camp, who were deeply offended. She read the letter out loud and it was hysterical. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Allan Rich, who played the judge in Lucy, Legal Eagle, has died a 94. 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.c

om/news/allan-rich-character-actor-who-overcame-the-blacklist-dies-at-94

Such a distinctive actor; I remember him just as well from Golden Girls and Out to Sea. I never knew that he made it through the blacklist. 
His passing made me remember something- has anyone else seen his LWL episode listed as both “...Legal Eagle” and “...Legal Beagle”? Was this just a typo that cropped up? I’m not familiar with whatever idiom the title came from.