I REALLY LIKE DESI

Irene Kampen Tripp

Too bad I really didn't appreciate Desi Arnaz when I was younger.. Now, as an adult, I completely understand what a wonderful talent he is. He and Jess Oppenheimer really helped to make Lucy an icon. Desi, also is such a good actor.. everytime he is around, the sceen is sooooooooo much better.. I think it is his wonderful Cuban charm.. I just have to let everyone know.. Desi Arnaz was something else and we are really lucky to have him choose THIS country to build his life up after the disaster in Cuba

Too bad I really didn't appreciate Desi Arnaz when I was younger.. Now, as an adult, I completely understand what a wonderful talent he is. He and Jess Oppenheimer really helped to make Lucy an icon. Desi, also is such a good actor.. everytime he is around, the sceen is sooooooooo much better.. I think it is his wonderful Cuban charm.. I just have to let everyone know.. Desi Arnaz was something else and we are really lucky to have had him choose THIS country to build his life up after the disaster in Cuba

I agree - so glad he chose Australia to build his life! :gary::professor:

Too bad I really didn't appreciate Desi Arnaz when I was younger.. Now, as an adult, I completely understand what a wonderful talent he is. He and Jess Oppenheimer really helped to make Lucy an icon. Desi, also is such a good actor.. everytime he is around, the sceen is sooooooooo much better.. I think it is his wonderful Cuban charm.. I just have to let everyone know.. Desi Arnaz was something else and we are really lucky to have him choose THIS country to build his life up after the disaster in Cuba

Totally agree! :peachonthebeach:

I agree with you about our feelings changing from when we were kids watching the show. I hated him because he kept singing and i was watching a comedy show, not a musical one. But as i've said before, now i love all that music that i've heard so much over the decades that it is now part of me. As for his acting, as i mentionned on another thread, as i watch him lately, i see a much better actor than i remembered, no wonder Lucy kept saying that. He delivers his lines so well and NATURALLY that it makes you forget that we've seen him bug out his eyes and overreact to anything and everything she ever did on the show. But if he didn't do that, we'd miss it because that's what a straight man does, it gives a real punch to her antics. You see her do her comedy, then await HIS reaction to it. A true one two punch.

I agree with you about our feelings changing from when we were kids watching the show. I hated him because he kept singing and i was watching a comedy show, not a musical one. But as i've said before, now i love all that music that i've heard so much over the decades that it is now part of me. As for his acting, as i mentionned on another thread, as i watch him lately, i see a much better actor than i remembered, no wonder Lucy kept saying that. He delivers his lines so well and NATURALLY that it makes you forget that we've seen him bug out his eyes and overreact to anything and everything she ever did on the show. But if he didn't do that, we'd miss it becase that's what a straight man does, it gives a real punch to her antics. You see her do her comedy, then await HIS reaction to it. A true one two punch.

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhh definately.. if he didn't set her up as WELL as he did.. she wouldn't have shot into the stratesphere like she did!

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhh definately.. if he didn't set her up as WELL as he did.. she wouldn't have shot into the stratesphere like she did!

Yes, he set her up on each show, BUT her rise in television and in the business called show she could have had anyway whether it was Richard Denning or whoever to play her husband. What Desi added was the singing, showmanship and his gift for knowing how to present her to make her look her best. In Desi's own words about her . . . SHE WAS THE SHOW, and the credit belonged to her for 90 percent of it's success. It took her however to point out to us how great Desi or Gale or Viv were and the writers too, as, contrary to what some may say about her, she was always sharing credit and acknowledging other people's talents. It's just that when standing next to her, they all had an uphill battle to be seen at all, or noticed or given any credit for whatever they did.

I also love Desi and think he's hugely underrated as an actor, performer, and businessman. By the way, Miki, I love your new signature! :marionstrong:

Thanks so much! :-)

I see Lucy's STILL trying to get all that smoke out of her mouth from his LAST avatar . :lucythrill:

Claude - you need to clear your cookies - the same thing was happening to me x

By the way, you were so RIGHT about YOUR latest avatar COOKIE, i can see the charms now that you were referring to. I think not liking Desi originally is a great plus as it makes me appreciate him now, sixty years later. I notice extra things on all of them now that we see every detail so clearly on the new copies.

Miki: I just cleared my COOKIES; feeling MUCH BETTER; and THANKS....Loving you, JK

Still getting NO banner; and many red x's throughout; some on pictures of new posters.... frustrating; since I have deleted cookies and temporary browing files regularly.... this morning I even waited until I signed on to this Site before doing so; just to see if it made a difference - it didn't!

Still getting NO banner; and many red x's throughout; some on pictures of new posters.... frustrating; since I have deleted cookies and temporary browing files regularly.... this morning I even waited until I signed on to this Site before doing so; just to see if it made a difference - it didn't!

Stuff like that happens to me as well occasionally. In all honesty I think it's a bad phone line/internet connection (not a slow connection, I mean more so the actual street connection - dirty cable or something like that) because I thought it was my old computer but I have since upgraded and similar things happen.

• 2 months later...

Missed this thread; I want to agree with you; Desi should be MORE appreciated. Thanks for saying it

Archived