Lucy's Range

• 9 months later...

What about Lucy as Amanda Wingfield in "The Glass Menagerie"?

Interesting idea. I doubt Lucy would have ever done it because she was not one of Tennessee Williams' fans. Lucy said she saw the original Broadway production of The Glass Menagerie three times because of Laurette Taylor, but she did not like the works of Tennessee Williams. Another Tennessee Williams creation that Lucy would have been intriguing as is Alexandra del Lago in Sweet Bird of Youth. That she was offered and declined. 

Interesting idea. I doubt Lucy would have ever done it because she was not one of Tennessee Williams' fans. Lucy said she saw the original Broadway production of The Glass Menagerie three times because of Laurette Taylor, but she did not like the works of Tennessee Williams. Another Tennessee Williams creation that Lucy would have been intriguing as is Alexandra del Lago in Sweet Bird of Youth. That she was offered and declined. 

I know, every time I see a pic of the actress, I see Lucy in that part.  Geraldine Page, right?  Story of an older woman and a younger man, too close to home?

Lucy never would have played an alcoholic, pot smoker. Yes, it was Geraldine Page.

I'm just shocked she admitted to not liking anything by Tennessee Williams, he's one of my all time favorites, bought a book on The Glass Menagerie just yesterday.  AND got his own BIO weeks ago.

I'm just shocked she admitted to not liking anything by Tennessee Williams, he's one of my all time favorites, bought a book on The Glass Menagerie just yesterday.  AND got his own BIO weeks ago.

She discussed her dislike for Tennessee Williams plays at length in Let's Talk to Lucy.

Archived