Lucy's Rings

Luvsbway

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, did my Here's Lucy research. Scan through seasons 2-6. There are very little to no rings wore in 3-6. The ones that are I do not recognize.

Season 2 is a different story. From the Andrews Sisters through Lawrence Welk there are only 3 episodes where Lucy does not wear a ring. When she does thought it's significant. All the other episodes in this run she is wearing the gold wedding band AND the gold ring with the white stone. I had never seen her stack these 2 but here is a huge run of episodes where not only does she wear the wedding band we don't see her wear very much but stacks it with the other well worn ring.

So I think that these 2 rings probably make up the wedding/engagement ring set. Based on our determination and time dating that the white stoned ring must be the engagement ring.

Ok, did my Here's Lucy research. Scan through seasons 2-6. There are very little to no rings wore in 3-6. The ones that are I do not recognize.

Season 2 is a different story. From the Andrews Sisters through Lawrence Welk there are only 3 episodes where Lucy does not wear a ring. When she does thought it's significant. All the other episodes in this run she is wearing the gold wedding band AND the gold ring with the white stone. I had never seen her stack these 2 but here is a huge run of episodes where not only does she wear the wedding band we don't see her wear very much but stacks it with the other well worn ring.

So I think that these 2 rings probably make up the wedding/engagement ring set. Based on our determination and time dating that the white stoned ring must be the engagement ring.

Just noticed in the BUYING THE HOUSE IN CONNECTICUT one, when she plays a gangster's moll, she's wearing this gigantic fake diamond on her pinkie finger, as well as those huge earrings and flashy necklace.

So we were correct? Yay! :D

I watched Mame to see if any pop up, but that was a no go. She only wore costume rings. They are beautiful though, all of the jewelry in this film too.

I find this strangely flattering! Haha. :HALKING:

Hey, meant every word, you two are keeping a subject going which is great BUT you also are doing a lot of research and finding these incredible photos to prove your point, just terrific work on both your parts. And we ALL appreciate all the time and devotion you have allotted to this particular subject.

Hey, meant every word, you two are keeping a subject going which is great BUT you also are doing a lot of research and finding these incredible photos to prove your point, just terrific work on both your parts. And we ALL appreciate all the time and devotion you have allotted to this particular subject.

Me and her could tackle more of her apparel. I'm actually doing research on her LDCH hair right now. I'm very much into this stuff.

Like for example, my involvement in Rocky Horror. A lot of research is done on those costumes and make up to make them as screen accurate as possible. From that I grew a keen eye of things to search for. How they are made, how the make up is done, every little detail.

Me and her could tackle more of her apparel. I'm actually doing research on her LDCH hair right now. I'm very much into this stuff.

Like for example, my involvement in Rocky Horror. A lot of research is done on those costumes and make up to make them as screen accurate as possible. From that I grew a keen eye of things to search for. How they are made, how the make up is done, every little detail.

Fine, but one day, find me more pics of the inside of that house on Roxbury, P L E A S E !

Oh, LDCH hair. Great topic. Got anything hair or not you want me to work on?

I'm basically going through looking at looking at wig vs hair. She goes back and forth with it. You can also tell, because of the contraption not being there, one huge sign is her crows feet. Check out the Career episode, you can tell extremely in the beginning and end where she rocks no wig.

I'm basically going through looking at looking at wig vs hair. She goes back and forth with it. You can also tell, because of the contraption not being there, one huge sign is her crows feet. Check out the Career episode, you can tell extremely in the beginning and end where she rocks no wig.

Perfect can't wait, this is what I want to know.

Am I the only one who prefers this first "short" cut to the latter, "bigger" wig styles?? (Except for the "Dates Dean Martin" version, that style is still my all-time fave! :D)

I agree, I thought the very short CUT made her look much younger although I also agree with you that nothing could beat the Dean Martin as a guest on her show LOOK.

• 1 year later...

I was at antique store today and found a beautiful emerald cut aquamarine ring. The stone was very similar to Lucy's. I tried it on as I'm thinking for a 10th anniversary gift getting a copy of Lucy's ring made but much smaller.

The ring I tried on was 15kt. It was big on my hand. I can only imagine what her ring looked like in real life. It was 40kt.

Also recently read this was Desi's favorite stone. It makes sense once you learn aquamarine in Latin means water of the sea.

Luckily this is my birthstone so its a win win.

I was at antique store today and found a beautiful emerald cut aquamarine ring. The stone was very similar to Lucy's. I tried it on as I'm thinking for a 10th anniversary gift getting a copy of Lucy's ring made but much smaller.

The ring I tried on was 15kt. It was big on my hand. I can only imagine what her ring looked like in real life. It was 40kt.

Also recently read this was Desi's favorite stone. It makes sense once you learn aquamarine in Latin means water of the sea.

Luckily this is my birthstone so its a win win.

Go for it, you only live once!

Archived