Lucy's TV Clothes

Luvsbway

That dress during the club dance while introducing Ricky Ricardo's All "Girl" Band. If was also wore on Ed Sullivan at the end while her and Desi were getting speeches. Flawless!

That's what i thought when i first saw it, thought it looked very familiar, especially that top part, and the Sullivan show was about the same time too.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting to the point that now i always look at what she's wearing in each show now. And like every other tv show, the fashions get better as the show plays on . . .

Same way with Viv. My favorite outfit she wear is during the Second Honeymoon episode. While her and Fred are at the dance. Polka dot with a fabulous collar!

Today it was Matchmaker where she's trying to fix up this couple but everything goes wrong a la Lucy of course . . . basic black dress but a beautiful brooch on top and quite attractive actually, not so basic, more fancy schmancy if you ask me. I noticed how beautiful her aprons are too, those were so popular back then, every woman had loads of them for cooking and baking and such.

Today it was Matchmaker where she's trying to fix up this couple but everything goes wrong a la Lucy of course . . . basic black dress but a beautiful brooch on top and quite attractive actually, not so basic, more fancy schmancy if you ask me. I noticed how beautiful her aprons are too, those were so popular back then, every woman had loads of them for cooking and baking and such.

I love aprons, especially the 1950s housewife type. I definately want to sew me some up!

I love aprons, especially the 1950s housewife type. I definately want to sew me some up!

What show did she have this amazing beautiful apron, was it the one where the reporter is spending the day with them and she puts on this frilly apron that looks like it belongs in Zsa Zsa's closet or something.

What show did she have this amazing beautiful apron, was it the one where the reporter is spending the day with them and she puts on this frilly apron that looks like it belongs in Zsa Zsa's closet or something.

Season three's 'Fan Magazine Interview'. It's a very thin fabric with a little heart pocket with pleated edges all the way around. One of my favorite aprons, but when she ties it, it looks like its going to tear. That's how thin, might have been tulle. Hmm.

Season three's 'Fan Magazine Interview'. It's a very thin fabric with a little heart pocket with pleated edges all the way around. One of my favorite aprons, but when she ties it, it looks like its going to tear. That's how thin, might have been tulle. Hmm.

Oh man, donycha just hate that thin tulle!

Thanks for the visual! :MrsRichardCarlson:

Hey, just happy to be endowed well enough to constantly tear at the front opening. Ok, back to Lucy, not only were her tv clothes always beautiful, considering this was the fifties after all, but the costumes on the show were amazing as well if not even more spectacular. Today, i`m anxious to see what she wears for the visit of her mother in law and for Ricky`s screen test.

I know my thin tulle underwear's always got holes in it from the constant tearing.

Hahahahahaha! It seriously sucks. I had to make a tulle bustle for Rocky Horror once and tying it either stretched it out or ripped it. I believe in the episode she has a little difficultly tying it. It just doesn't get a tie knot.

I would wear dozens of Lucy's dresses & outfits, even today. Some of Viv's dressier clothes were pretty, too. I especially love Lucy Ricardo's white dress with the flowers all over the torso. I could see that in pastel colors OR fall colors. Just beautiful. I like the way she pushes up the sleeves on lots of her tops & dresses to 3/4 length.

Archived