Lucy and Viv on Dinah! (1975)

Annaleigh

I'm sure it's part of the fact that DeDe's daughter was Lucille Ball. She expected only the best for her daughter. Her two husbands weren't the greatest, no mother would approve. Didn't Dolores not like Lucy either?

Well, it was easier to respect De De than Dolores, she never did anything and only cared about her appearance and never accomplished anything, she was always in her own little world.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Dolores was kind of a snob and not a very good mother to Desi. She always wanted him to buy her expensive things and it was never enough.

Well, if you recall, the former beauty queen was married to a doctor who became a politician and they had loads of accoutrements, houses, horses, fancy cars etc, she led a life of privilege and then it was all taken away from her and she had to come down to earth, until, years later, she got it all back again.

Well, it was easier to respect De De than Dolores, she never did anything and only cared about her appearance and never accomplished anything, she was always in her own little world.

Amen. I respect DeDe to pieces. Lucy wouldn't be the woman she was without her.

Desi was a good son to say the very least, used, but a great son.

"Lucy and Viv hadn't seen each other in several years."

More like a few because "Viv as a friend" was taped just about 4 years before this, in late 1971 and this was in December 1975

Viv was on the Dean Martin Celebrity Roast for Lucy taped in 1974 before Jack Benny's death and aired 2/7/75 so it was a year at most they hadn't seen each other.

Annaleigh, thanks so much for posting this video! I've never seen it before & loved it. It is such a treat to see Lucy & Viv together, chatting, in a casual setting like that.

I've seen the clip Viv did at the roast, & I always thought she was only half joking. I Love Lucy was a huge moneymaker, but maybe not so much for Viv & Bill Frawley in proportion to how much the show made (& how much Lucy & Desi made).

Watched this one, AGAIN...was that Lucie Arnaz over on the end, next to Zsa Zsa? Then, almost asked who the redhead in the red dress was; had missed it when they showed Zsa Zsa later in the program with her own hair exposed.

Yes, that's Lucie. What I want to know is why Zsa Zsa was there at all. She did nothing to add to the program and you can't understand a dang thing she says lol.

Archived