Lucy and Mame? Oil and water!

yendor1152

Thank the wonderful "Claude" for that little insult. And better get out the carpet cleaner.

As MY bible says (and I have the Word According to Weir edition):

"Verily I say unto you, let ye whose ass is wiped by the hand of the Lord cast the first crack."

I don't mind if things get a little heated as long as at the end of it someone doesn't flounce out my apartment taking their bridge players and sandwiches and then attempting to rip their tablecloth out from under my best China.

I can buy only so many tickets to "Over the Teacups" . Chist! They're SIX-SIXTY apiece!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only reason I've gotten into this was because Yendor has repeatedly said insulting things about Lucy. My thing is if you have so much rude things to say how the hell are you a fan? Lucy fans learn who Lucy is and some of the things you say she is, is absolutely obsurd.

Like c'mon we sound like Justin Beiber fans right now. But a fandom nontheless.

You can love Mame or shit on your Mame DVD I could careless. But I know why I love it. Don't force others to believe what you believe. Yendor does not like Mame and a lot of people don't end of story.

Only reason I've gotten into this was because Yendor has repeatedly said insulting things about Lucy. My thing is if you have so much rude things to say how the hell are you a fan? Lucy fans learn who Lucy is and some of the things you say she is, is absolutely obsurd.

Like c'mon we sound like Justin Beiber fans right now. But a fandom nontheless.

You can love Mame or shit on your Mame DVD I could careless. But I know why I love it. Don't force others to believe what you believe. Yendor does not like Mame and a lot of people don't end of story.

What "insulting" things did I say about Lucy? Find one and post it here. Saying she can't sing isn't insulting, it's the truth. Saying she looked like a mannequin isn't insulting, it's true. And saying she appeared uncomfortable and stiff isn't insulting, either. It's not "obsurd," either. And the reference to Justin Beiber strikes me as very telling--is it because you're all slavishly devoted to Lucy like Beiber's fans are to him? I think so.

Whatever the case, you can like or even love Lucy in Mame if you want. That's your right. But I didn't like the movie for exactly the points I made. You can disagree or or agree, whatever. But when you start hurling insults at ME because I have the gall to post my critical opinion of a piece of artwork, well, you're simply out of line. That's not good give and take. So I gave you some of what you gave to me, Annaleigh. You can shovel it out, but you sure as hell can't take it. Can you?

Why not point anyone out? Claude (if that's his real name, which I doubt) started flinging the crap with his first post. There's very little room on this message board for rational, objective discussion about Lucille Ball without some "fan" piping in and tossing about insults because they perceive you as a "troll" who "doesn't really love Lucy." Sorry, but disliking something an artist has done doesn't mean you hate the person or think the artist is untalented. But unless you're willing to bow before the altar of Lucy and shout her praises to the heaven's, you're not welcomed here. That's perfectly obvious to me.

Frankly, though, I like toying with their minds. They always respond, they can't help themselves. And because they're all of a like-mind, they enjoy the gang mentality. If they dump on the naysayer hard and fast, he won't be able to take it, he'll just slink away...like poor Brian, whom they enjoying calling "Brain Damage." That's the kind of thing I mean, the nasty, obnoxious remarks flung about merely because someone disagrees with them. No wonder this board has such little activity except from "fans" like Claude. Mame is a bomb, it's just accepted fact. Nothing on this board is going to change that. Sorry.

We respond because we can't believe morons like you exist.

Hear Hear but I actually disagree with Neil stating that the original poster's remarks reflect the "majority of opinion out there". How do we know what the majority of people think about Mame? If I've ever heard anything negative about Mame, it's just Lucy's singing voice, nothing to the extent that the original poster states!

Agreed.

Ha. You make me laff. I posted the original message, and the first response (from Claude) started with, "Ok, you're back on my shit list." That's what you call rational and nice? He threw out the first volley, and the rest of you followed suit. The one difference is that you haven't gotten rid of me, not like you usually do with weaker folks.

No, everybody hated your stupid remarks to get a rise out of us but that are not backed by any validity or thought for that matter.

What "insulting" things did I say about Lucy? Find one and post it here. Saying she can't sing isn't insulting, it's the truth. Saying she looked like a mannequin isn't insulting, it's true. And saying she appeared uncomfortable and stiff isn't insulting, either. It's not "obsurd," either. And the reference to Justin Beiber strikes me as very telling--is it because you're all slavishly devoted to Lucy like Beiber's fans are to him? I think so.

Whatever the case, you can like or even love Lucy in Mame if you want. That's your right. But I didn't like the movie for exactly the points I made. You can disagree or or agree, whatever. But when you start hurling insults at ME because I have the gall to post my critical opinion of a piece of artwork, well, you're simply out of line. That's not good give and take. So I gave you some of what you gave to me, Annaleigh. You can shovel it out, but you sure as hell can't take it. Can you?

No the Justin Beiber remark is talking of how immature this crap is.

I sure as hell can take it. Okay maybe insult is a bad word. How bout lack of understanding, believing everything said about she.

Okay here are some I have heard on behalf of you:

Lucy was so out of touch with the times. You didn't word it like that either. Only thing outta touch about her is that she wanted to stay PG and classy. Nothing wrong with that.

I think you were the one that said Lucy was bitter towards Desi and resented him because of that loser remark. If anyone knows of Lucy's story you know she loved him to the end, she didn't understand why it didn't work but continued to love him.

Calling Lucy a diva. What?!

I give that Lucy doesnt have the greatest voice or the best dance moves. But when you are a fan why the hell would you nitpick every damn thing someone does?!

You try to be in your early 60's just recovering from a broken leg with your voice deepened from cigarettes and do all the things she did. I'm 19 and doubt I could even. Lol. Could you? Doubtful!

If you had an ounce of respect for Lucy's talent you wouldn't have said half the shit you said. Think positive not negative.

As MY bible says (and I have the Word According to Weir edition):

"Verily I say unto you, let ye whose ass is wiped by the hand of the Lord cast the first crack."

I don't mind if things get a little heated as long as at the end of it someone doesn't flounce out my apartment taking their bridge players and sandwiches and then attempting to rip their tablecloth out from under my best China.

I can buy only so many tickets to "Over the Teacups" . Chist! They're SIX-SIXTY apiece!!

You are still a riot my man!

Seems you wanted to provoke a rise out of us and you got what you wanted, now enough! But maybe YOU can't take the criticism huh? Can dish it out but can't take it huh, how telling!

I sure as hell can take it. Okay maybe insult is a bad word. How bout lack of understanding, believing everything said about she.

Lucy was so out of touch with the times. You didn't word it like that either. Only thing outta touch about her is that she wanted to stay PG and classy. Nothing wrong with that.

I think you were the one that said Lucy was bitter towards Desi and resented him because of that loser remark. If anyone knows of Lucy's story you know she loved him to the end, she didn't understand why it didn't work but continued to love him.

I give that Lucy doesnt have the greatest voice or the best dance moves. But when you are a fan why the hell would you nitpick every damn thing someone does?!

You try to be in your early 60's just recovering from a broken leg with your voice deepened from cigarettes and do all the things she did. I'm 19 and doubt I could even. Lol. Could you? Doubtful!

If you had an ounce of respect for Lucy's talent you wouldn't have said half the shit you said. Think positive not negative.

OMG is this the jerk i had to spend days explaining the LOSER remark to??? And it still wouldn't penetrate that pea brain of his? FIGURES how he can't understand a movie, Lucy's fans and how a fan board works.

OMG is this the jerk i had to spend days explaining the LOSER remark to??? And it still wouldn't penetrate that pea brain of his? FIGURES how he can't understand a movie, Lucy's fans and how a fan board works.

Yes. I believe he's the one who also said Lucy was a bitch because her mom even called her that. Hilariously misinformed.

Honey, i wish you would stop giving him an IN by saying Lucy had trouble singing and dancing, she did pretty well with those two things on her shows for a quarter century.

Honey, i wish you would stop giving him an IN by saying Lucy had trouble singing and dancing, she did pretty well with those two things on her shows for a quarter century.

Yes, she was no Ginger Rogers but the woman could dance. Her singing wasn't one that would sell records but I've heard worse out of stars nowadays, even with that autotune shit.

Yes. I believe he's the one who also said Lucy was a bitch because her mom even called her that. Hilariously misinformed.

Well, watch it now, he's friends with the genius BRAIN damage, who thought Lucy was a communist and believes it to this day. These people don't read books, they watch cartoons.

How is that uninformed? Haven't you ever read Desilu or Lucille? I suggest you bone up on your reading. Maybe you might learn something.

And if you boned up on your reading, perhaps you might know that DeDe and Lucy had a kidding sort of relationship. And who cares if she was a bitch sometimes? She could never match your bitchiness.

I was watching the LDCH yesterday and the Poor Us number she sounded marvelous in.

Lucy also knew she didn't have the greatest voice. A diva would think differently. Lol. She was humble to a fault.

Lovely little Claude, flitting about hurling his bon mots. Sorry, dude, but Lucy played Mame. Not you.

The padded room is waiting for you chum, don't lose your place in line. You see she said LOSER like whatever he built up, he had to tear down, thereby losing it, did you get that one yet? He said it about himself so she wasn't being a bitch by quoting him.

Yeah, she did well enough when she was young. A quarter of a century before Mame. By Mame, she'd ruined her voice. Do some research into the filming. She couldn't even sing a line without editing help.

Yes, she was no Ginger Rogers but the woman could dance. Her singing wasn't one that would sell records but I've heard worse out of stars nowadays, even with that autotune shit.

I think her dancing is marvelous. Always did. But like you said she wasnt no Ginger. But that's fine.

Archived