Lucy's Dressing Room

Luvsbway

This is a great post about a costume designer who is working in Lucy's old bungalow at Paramount.

http://m.xojane.com/...medium=facebook

Absolutely terrific, except for one error, Lucy ran it for F I V E years, not seven, she bought Desi out in '62, not after the divorce in '60. Secondly, she should have mentionned that the beautiful little park in front of her dressing room is called LUCY PARK.

This is a great post about a costume designer who is working in Lucy's old bungalow at Paramount.

http://m.xojane.com/...medium=facebook

Nice find Shel, ever see the one where the guy gives us this TOUR of her dressing room BEFORE this woman took it over? We saw the bathroom, the office set up in the former living room etc . . . this is shot better though. Gorgeous pictures. I wonder if that's the famous air conditioner they wouldn't replace for Lucy and she then moved to Universal?

Nice find Shel, ever see the one where the guy gives us this TOUR of her dressing room BEFORE this woman took it over? We saw the bathroom, the office set up in the former living room etc . . . this is shot better though. Gorgeous pictures. I wonder if that's the famous air conditioner they wouldn't replace for Lucy and she then moved to Universal?

That video is the of the dressing room Lucy had prior to this one.

Luvsbway, thanks so much for posting this! I want to go visit this woman at work :) .

I remember seeing that other video you mentioned a long time ago, Claude. (And I found one other boo-boo: I Love Lucy was not filmed from 1962 to 1968.)

Love what she wrote about dealing with some of the actresses:

"I put the girl actresses on our show in lots of skirts and dresses. Sometimes they balk and say that they can't perform the comedy bits written for them in a skirt. I always remind them, "We are standing in Lucille Ball's private dressing room. This is hallowed ground. She did EVERYTHING in a skirt so women could be taken seriously as comedic actresses!" They always cave in and wear what I want them to."

I remember seeing that other video you mentioned a long time ago, Claude. (And I found one other boo-boo: I Love Lucy was not filmed from 1962 to 1968.)

Love what she wrote about dealing with some of the actresses:

"I put the girl actresses on our show in lots of skirts and dresses. Sometimes they balk and say that they can't perform the comedy bits written for them in a skirt. I always remind them, "We are standing in Lucille Ball's private dressing room. This is hallowed ground. She did EVERYTHING in a skirt so women could be taken seriously as comedic actresses!" They always cave in and wear what I want them to."

LOL! Yeah, that's telling'em! The other video was so blah, at least this one has life. Ever see the one from the guy who visited her house and took one of the pieces from her outside walls? LOL!

Well, besides Desi's supposed journals, there was the fact that everyone who KNEW her kept saying, I THINK SHE NEVER STOPPED LOVING HIM and stuff like that.

You mean the supposed journals that Desi supposedly entrusted to an almost completely random person and only two people claimed to have seen that conveniently disappeared under mysterious and highly unlikely circumstances? LOL

You mean the supposed journals that Desi supposedly entrusted to an almost completely random person and only two people claimed to have seen that conveniently disappeared under mysterious and highly unlikely circumstances? LOL

What the hell was he have supposed to have written in these journals? "Today I went to Loosy's dressin' room and tap dat ass"? LOL

Random? His lifelong friend and piano player Marco? Who left it to his only heir when he died? I dun't care what you say, i'm just dying to contact the Enquirer with this . . .

What the hell was he have supposed to have written in these journals? "Today I went to Loosy's dressin' room and tap dat ass"? LOL

Basically. :marionstrong: The whole thing was so funny, the two people talking about these journals and then when pressed for more details -- " :o OMG! You won't believe what happened to the journals! :o " LOL

Archived