Happy Birthday, Carole Cook!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

This would be absolutely lit, but I bet it’ll fill up quickly. Maybe I’ll just wait outside the stage door or something and ambush her*. Does 54 Below have a stage door? I’ve never been... From the videos I’ve seen on here of Carole at the S.T.A.G.E. Benefit, she’s incredible. Getting to see her live would certainly be a sight, because who knows how many more times she’ll do something like this? I can only hope she makes her entrance down a fire pole a la Thelma.

*Anecdotal Side Note: I was with a group of friends in NYC a couple months ago- Jackie Hoffman walked out of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (Which I had already seen previously with other people). From across the street  I yelled “Ayy Mamacita!” in a style that I usually reserve for when I’m acting like an idiot at football games. She waved. My friends didn’t know who the hell she was and I was like “What? I know her.” And we just kept walking. It was very cool. 

• Like 1

If it's the last show of the night people just mill about the dining room. You could sneak yourself in then. As for shows earlier in the evening no clue on how they leave. I would think the "backstage" would somehow connect to the theatre above. I've been to 54 Below 3 times and just love the space. I like the change from the long center tables to the 4 top round ones. You don't feel as cramped.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Didn't get a chance to listen but Christine has been talking a bit about the hosting gig all this week on the radio. Today she mentioned that they discussed characters that you not only want to play but ones you would like to have in your life. They said everyone needs an Auntie Mame. 

26 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

Didn't get a chance to listen but Christine has been talking a bit about the hosting gig all this week on the radio. Today she mentioned that they discussed characters that you not only want to play but ones you would like to have in your life. They said everyone needs an Auntie Mame. 

Carole joked that her mother was like Auntie Mame... but without the money or sophistication. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 5:57 AM, Luvsbway said:

We recently got the Charles Nelson Riley one man show Life of Riley. Tom was in a celebrity packed acting class with CNR at the beginning of his career.

You mean the documentary Shelly? Isn't it AMAZING! What a life and career Mr. Reilly had. Wow. Glad I got to see him do it live! :HALKING:

9 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

You mean the documentary Shelly? Isn't it AMAZING! What a life and career Mr. Reilly had. Wow. Glad I got to see him do it live! :HALKING:

Yes, the doc. The blu ray is a 2 disk set. I haven't had time to watch any of the extras yet, but loved the show.

• Like 1