Actor Jim Nabors Marries Male Partner

JoeySanJoaquin

It is one step at a time process. Change can't happen overnight. I am just glad that change is slowly but surely coming to America, the most powerful nation in the world, concerning the gay rights issue. Don't worry ... once gays get fully accepted and their rights are respected here in the great U.S. of A. it's going to have a huge ripple effect on the other countries in the world afterward.

Overnight? This has been going on for decades. Now that you have a decent caring President, the change is coming more rapidly though.

Overnight? This has been going on for decades. Now that you have a decent caring President, the change is coming more rapidly though.

It's not the president. It's the people who voted to put the president in office. Americans want equal rights for everyone including homosexuals.

It's not the president. It's the people who voted to put the president in office. Americans want equal rights for everyone including homosexuals.

Excuse me but it IS the President, he was the first President to come out and say it, EQUALITY FOR ALL, INCLUDING GAYS. He's the Prsident who finally got rid of Don't ask, don't tell . . . the one that came out for marriage equality . . . the one whose administration has come out against bullying which sends kids to suicide . . . when the President himself shows forward thinking that's inclusive to everyone, the people follow.

I'm done. I am not going to get into a debate of this nature. It's not worth it to me.

Well, one must face the facts, the President even pushed the Scouts to end their gay exclusion, he's always there pitching in to help the cause whether you like it or not. And it's not a debate, i just disagree with you when you diminish his major contribution to our cause.

I dunno about that. Barney wasn't the brightest bulb in Mayberry. And the fact that homosexuality was a hush-hush issue back in the day. He probably didn't know what the word "gay" meant. I can see Andy having to explain it all to him. And afterwards Barney being dazzled and confused.

Oh I definitely see Andy having to explain it :)

It's more the thought of that classic Don Knotts surprised voice issuing a thought like that!

Archived