"The Women" afterparty

Kaye Ballard looks ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL for 87 - she has not aged a bit in 20 years! I can't believe she hasn't acted on the tube since 1995 - somebody kick some producers in the pants and get her back on tv!!

And, why hasn't Kaye been invited to Jamestown? Time is running out; is her hair gray? or, has she gone RED?

Joey is not one to go DAAAAAHHH and tell....

Here's the video I took at the party. Note at 6:00, I don't think Lorna Luft appreciated my recording her scarfing down canapes. The gal was obviously hungry!

Thanks for sharing this video, Neil; Melody Thomas Scott (Y & R) was one of the Center's founding Board Members, 2002-2007.

I was looking for Carole; the initial photos looked as if her makeup was the color of flour; some of the video showed a nicer color; but, when the photos were snapped, OH MY! Porcelain doll-type stuff!

So funny about Lorna. Did you see the LOOK Carole shot you when you got too close with your camera? All i'll say about Lucie is she photographs beautifully but on film, your camera, not so much, i thought her face was a mite pudgy. Ditto Michele Lee who usually looks so wunnerful. Nice of Lucie to bring her grandpa though. I'm sure they can't play husband and wife in a show anymore, unless it's The Xavier Cugat/Charo story.

Well aren't you Mr. Picky....Remind me never to get close to you when you have a camera. Carole saw me for the first time at the party and was about to say hello....I shouldn't have hit pause. Yeah, Larry is looking like a combination of old Ed Asner and Mike Mazurki. And poor Lorna. With a split second look to the camera and that turn away, you knew exactly what she was thinking: "That jerk with the camera has been filming me eating!" If this had been Judy in the old days, Sid Luft would have decked me.

Well aren't you Mr. Picky....Remind me never to get close to you when you have a camera. Carole saw me for the first time at the party and was about to say hello....I shouldn't have hit pause. Yeah, Larry is looking like a combination of old Ed Asner and Mike Mazurki. And poor Lorna. With a split second look to the camera and that turn away, you knew exactly what she was thinking: "That jerk with the camera has been filming me eating!" If this had been Judy in the old days, Sid Luft would have decked me.

Sorry, after a certain age, one seems to get picky about just about everything.

I knew saying something as innocent as she looks a lilttle pudgy in the face would alarm her biggest fans...

Oh brother. It is just that it is shallow and essentially the exact same comment we have all -- including you -- have criticised Fidelman for. :P

Oh brother. It is just that it is shallow and essentially the exact same comment we have all -- including you -- have criticised Fidelman for. :P

Ok, i'm sorry, i will never ever bring up anything to do with Lucie and her previous comments about her mom again, E V E R , but part of me just enjoys hearing the same comments that must have devestated her mother now apply to others in her entourage and family. ie that picture you posted of her with her mom looking like she was 94, a wrinkled mess, no eyelashes, and in black and white making her look even worse. Knowing how Lucy felt about her appearance and losing her looks after a certain age and how she had every photo altered and knowing that some got through without the eraser and wiping out any memory of her once beautiful looks. I have mirrors here, i can see what happens and it ain't pleasant. Then, there's the curse of the beautiful people and how they become recluses so as to not disapoint their fans, sad, really sad.

I'm going to use that the next time I have a bad hair day. 'I'm becoming a recluse as to not disappoint my fans, until tomorrow at least".

LOL! Too late, i've had the line copyrighted for me, honey, you have no idea what starts happening at 50, then 60 and i hope i'll be a dead recluse by the time 70 comes.

Love the pix and all but yeah you are lucky none of these old broads legendary ladies went all Sylvia Sidney on you for the closeups and candid camera. :lucyhehe:

Love the pix and all but yeah you are lucky none of these old broads legendary ladies went all Sylvia Sidney on you for the closeups and candid camera. :lucyhehe:

Sylvia Sidney??? Who had cigarette smoke coming out of hole in her neck in Beetlejuice? AND looked like death warmed over in the movie???

Sylvia Sidney??? Who had cigarette smoke coming out of hole in her neck in Beetlejuice? AND looked like death warmed over in the movie???

LOL, yeah her but I didn't mean to reference her because of that :hlLOL: :hlLOL: - but because she was notorious for going all ballistic on anything who dared aim a candid camera at her!

LOL, yeah her but I didn't mean to reference her because of that :hlLOL: :hlLOL: - but because she was notorious for going all ballistic on anything who dared aim a candid camera at her!

Well, that's what i meant, she cared if they shot her UP CLOSE in a candid that few people would see but allowed them to shoot her looking like shit in a movie that most people have seen??? LOL!

Neil: Enjoyed immensely, your video of the 'after-event'; thanks again for sharing it. Was going to mention (yesterday) that the name, Mike Mazurki, came up last year - a friend of mine who has been living in Texas for many years, always stops to see me when he is in area visiting his elderly mom: was a good friend of his grandmother - not sure exactly how; but, it prompted me to investigate the name, and connection to Lucille - here it is - enjoy!:

b. 12/25/07 d. 12/09/90

Mike Mazurki, actor, 156 films; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, Gentleman Jim, uncredited, 1942, Whistling in Brooklyn, uncredited, 1943; with Lucille Ball, uncredited, Bud Abbott and Lou Costello in Hollywood, 1945; guest, Desilu-Studios' filmed, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, “Outlaw Kingdom”, Desilu Productions', Sheriff of Cochise “Tough Guy”, 1956; Official Detective “The Policeman's Gun”, 1958; The Untouchables, “The Artichoke King”, 1959, The Texan “The Accuser”, and Lucille's co-star, The Facts Of life, 1960; Desilu Productions', The Texan “Man In the Middle”, and The Untouchables “Man in the Middle”, 1962, as well as Desilu-Studios' filmed, The Bill Dana Show “Glick the Strongman”, 1964, is born this date in 1907.

Archived