The long and short on Lucy’s hair

Luvsbway

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

I had to really look for this thread, i knew if you had threads on Lucy's cars, rings, houses, etc . . . you'd HAVE to have one on her hair.  Anyhoo, i only wanted to say that as i now watch all the I Love Lucy shows in HDTV, i am just stunned by how each curl, each strand of her hair is just perfect.  It really floors me that for sixty years i never noticed it, besides being a very becoming hairdo, that it's just flawless and Irma and whoever else had a hand in this exquisite hairdo deserves some kind of award or at least acknowledgement.  I'm sure Lucy, the frustrated hairdresser herself, who was famous for wanting to do every woman's hair she came across had a hand in it also.  I'm still in the second season and i find her hair absolutely stunning.  The great thing about HDTV is you see everything so much clearer than before, which is just great for things like this, now for their teeth, not so much, LOL!

Heck back then hair wasn't even credited on TV. Irma thought she should hàve her name in the credits too. One day while doing Desi's hair and couldn't get away she made her demand. I think he may have fought her at first but gave in and now we see her name after all these years.

Also I don't know if Lucy or Irma made this comment but Lucy knew her hair got weird while pregnant so she was careful about it and who touched it.

Archived