M.P.I. Home Video

LucyImHome

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a Carol Burnett Special DVD set scheduled for release last year, but it was postponed indefinitely for unknown reasons. This would have included Julie and Carol at Carnegie Hall, Carol Burnett and Company with Rober Preston, Calamity Jane, and Carol Plus Two. I hope they actually release this soon. There was a Julie and Carol soundtrack CD released not too long ago.

Actually I *think* the first one (in B&W, your fave! ;)) did come out ages ago, at least on VHS. Not sure if it ever made it to DVD, as it should!

Well, that's the thing, sometimes they've already come out, like the Jack Benny show tih Lucy and George Burns as guests but if they already have it out, why don' t they just reissue them on dvd?????

There was a Carol Burnett Special DVD set scheduled for release last year, but it was postponed indefinitely for unknown reasons. This would have included Julie and Carol at Carnegie Hall, Carol Burnett and Company with Rober Preston, Calamity Jane, and Carol Plus Two. I hope they actually release this soon. There was a Julie and Carol soundtrack CD released not too long ago.

Jim, is this the same dispute that caused her shows not to be out until now?

Banner's estate is suing Carol over the DVD sets that are already out, so their dispute is still ongoing.

http://www.deadline....v-show-revenue/

Wondering if there is any connection to why Carol (who must be 'owned' by 'others') cannot seem to get to Jamestown; a tragedy, certainly; and, sad that death still binds.... imprisons.... whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know the ratings but it was definitely not a bad career move; country music was pretty hot at the time and a lot of the guest stars like Barbara Mandrell, Lynn Anderson, and Mel Tillis were big selling singers at the time. And it's fair to say a big portion of Lucy's audience was also the same crowd. I did read though Lucy did it as a favor to one of the producers who was a good friend of hers.

Lucy Comes To Nashville" was not a Lucille Ball special instead CBS back in the fall of 1978 attach edLucille Ball's name to it. They figured it would get ratings. It did get a 20.2 rating and a 28% share of the viewing audience which isn't bad considering it was airing against ABC's blockbuster mini-series "War and Remembrance." It aired at 9:00 pm on Sunday right before "Dallas."

Lucy Comes To Nashville" was not a Lucille Ball special instead CBS back in the fall of 1978 attach edLucille Ball's name to it. They figured it would get ratings. It did get a 20.2 rating and a 28% share of the viewing audience which isn't bad considering it was airing against ABC's blockbuster mini-series "War and Remembrance." It aired at 9:00 pm on Sunday right before "Dallas."

I would have been happy with them just putting "Lucy conducting the Orchestra" from Lucy Comes To Nashville, on a Here's Lucy set as an "extra". They don't have to release the whole show, just the "Lucy" parts!

It would also be great if MPI picked up some of the series which seem to have been abandoned by their distributors like Maude (Sony) and Make Room For Daddy (most recently S'more)

If not MPI, perhaps Shout! Factory would. They took over Designing Women after Sony released a meager "best of" disc.

I would have been happy with them just putting "Lucy conducting the Orchestra" from Lucy Comes To Nashville, on a Here's Lucy set as an "extra". They don't have to release the whole show, just the "Lucy" parts!

Geez, your reminding me of that great BIT makes me want to dig out the washed out black and white dvd of it i have just to see her doing that again.

Geez, your reminding me of that great BIT makes me want to dig out the washed out black and white dvd of it i have just to see her doing that again.

I just watched "Lucy Leads a Country Orchestra" for the first time. Its on Youtube! Terrible picture, but its there! :) Pretty funny!

• 1 month later...

A Life With Lucy episode which was posted on Youtube, has been removed. It states: this video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by MPI Media Group. This tells me the series is indeed owned by M.P.I. I hope they intend to release it on dvd, and soon!!

That would be wonderful. We have been blessed with so many DVD releases per year over the last handful with TLS, HL and the specials it is very strange not having something to look forward to, aside from the Warner Archive throwing us the odd bone once in a while. lol

I noticed it was removed also! Im happy for that, but I think we have to, as fans, maybe get the public and the internet a buzz with her final dvd coming out, because Im sure fans wont recognize it. I would LOOOOVVEEE To be apart of it the entire thing. One thing is for sure, a lot of the geniuses that helped the show come alive are still with us, and Im sure they will make it a beautiful dvd collection

I would love for these to be on DVD in the clearity the other series are. I only have about 1/2 the episodes and they ate pretty cheese cloth like. Since we do have surviving cast members intros should not be too hard. I highly doubt Jenny would do an interview as she likes to leave her child star days in the past. All those promotional interviews Lucy did would be great.

Archived