"The Lounge Louvre" Lucy Artwork By Fans

PuttyNose

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there- No, I don't put my work up on ebay at the moment, but who knows.

I have an online store but it's being redone- so I usually just give who ever likes them the opportunity to contact me

The originals usually go for 50 60 bucks- and the copies- maybe 25 or so on the site depending on the size and shipping n all.

Ebay has been having a Lucy-Right Side of the Brain- activity going on lately

A lot of art is being placed on there that Im wild about but can't always afford at that time ya kno.

But I have a feeling more Lucy art is coming in all directions, I can't wait! :)

never%20had%20a%20Ball%20like%20me.jpg?w=61145fa5

We wish you well in your artwork sales.... Great SUBJECT MATTER!!!! Love, JK

• 3 months later...

omg thanks so much, I had fun doing it. She is pretty expressionless, though she looks startled or glaring but she seems to be like saying with the blank expression:

"America Desi and I broke up okay!?1? some people told us it wouldn't work, millions begged us to stay together, but we could't work it out...what more do you want me to say??

I have two children and have to explain, Im in a pickle in my personal life and Im unhappy and embarrassed..there...I said it" lol

Beautiful work, as always, Lamarr! Thank you for sharing them with us. As much fun as it is to look at these pictures, it has also been fun to watch your style change over the years and see your experimentation with different techniques -- and even different "Lucys". :lucywow:

Beautiful work, as always, Lamarr! Thank you for sharing them with us. As much fun as it is to look at these pictures, it has also been fun to watch your style change over the years and see your experimentation with different techniques -- and even different "Lucys". :lucywow:

Thank you Brock.Keep a watch out, Ill be staying on this ever evolving growing learning renaissance period,at least with Lucy.

There are so many other ways of drawing her than this, and Id like to tackle that :)

Absolutely great. You're an artist of the highest caliber.

(And that Rick Carl is no slouch either)

How long does it take you to do one of these?

I appreciate those words very much. It means a lot to read that.

Now, on to a name you mentioned.. Rick Carl...

I owe this man so much! He is a living legend. I wanted to do a big tribute for him at the lucy art blog,

but he doesn't want me to-but every chance I get, I will always pay tribute to a guy who

brought me so many treasures and so many beautiful artistic masterpieces through out the years.

I remember my first Lucy-book being the I Love Lucy Book by Mr.Bart Andrews-super bright yellow all over

but smack dab in the middle was Lucy, with these big blue eyes,the bow lips , the orange hair, and that vibrant blue!!

.Not only in color but in art!! He says he wishes he could do it over, but I think its brilliant. And millions would agree

I spent HOURS...you probably think Im lying lol,but I promise you Im notlol. I spent hours looking at that cover.

I artistically escaped into the abundance of talent that was in every single piece he made and continues to make-His work still

makes my heart jump. Im grateful for the influence

So lovely. You capture all of the little nuances of her expressions so that the personality behind the face comes through in your drawings. Thanks for sharing!

Wow!!Thank you so much! Thats EXACTLY what I got from it!! Im so glad you like it

I had just finished doing a study on the artist Bill Mather ( the artist who drew the Universal Studios Lucy Tribute art logo)

I thought,lets pic up where he left off with that surprised Lucy look,only now in the 60s

I don't usually do the surprised eye opening look at all, but I thought, why not, and lo and behold,

It came out exactly as I felt it, Lucille playing Lucy. Thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived