Be My Little Baby Bumble Bee

Here's a recording of Doris Day singing Lucy's wannabe Barbershop Quartet song from "The Lucy Show". No, it's not exactly just a soprano and a hive as Viv suggested, but it's very cute. This arrangement is different than the one used on the show. The "buzzers" have more to sing besides "buzz around" all the time. Perhaps the girls would've enjoyed this one more?

Lucy and Doris were photographed together several times during the run of Doris' sitcom in the late 60s/early 70s but I don't think I've seen them together before or since that period. There is a nice clipping somewhere of Doris, Carol Burnett, and Eve Arden (I think Mary Tyler Moore is also in it but not sure) on stage applauding Lucy as she is receiving some award during this time, would love to see more pix from that day.

Lucy and Doris were photographed together several times during the run of Doris' sitcom in the late 60s/early 70s but I don't think I've seen them together before or since that period. There is a nice clipping somewhere of Doris, Carol Burnett, and Eve Arden (I think Mary Tyler Moore is also in it but not sure) on stage applauding Lucy as she is receiving some award during this time, would love to see more pix from that day.

That award ceremony was when Lucy was honored by the Thalians in 1974. Doris was one of the participants, as were Carol, Eve, Liza Minnelli, Ruta Lee, Steve Allen & Jayne Meadows, Lucie, Desi Jr., and Sammy Davis Jr. Lucy's acceptance speech was an extra on the best of Here's Lucy DVD set that Shout Factory put out.

LOL! Love it! Just love it! It's such a shame they never got Dozza Day on any Lucy show! She's awesome!

But what if....

"Lucy and Doris Get Their Comeuppance"

When Chris Carmichael returns from her first term at college, the house is empty and there's no note (Lucy: "You know when you're planning a move, there's always some small detail you forget"). Chris reads in "The Complete Guide to Network TV Shows" that Lucy has moved to San Francisco and is working at the Westland Bank, so off Chris goes, but upon her arrival is unable to locate such a bank in the bay area. Wandering the streets, she runs into two abandoned boys Billy and Toby Martin. Meanwhile Lucy arrives in San Francisco to give her speech as newly elected president of the Girl Fridays Association beating out a local gal Doris Martin. When the children see their two mothers enter the auditorium, they plot their revenge.

Archived