Lucy introductions

LooseLucy

That's kinda weird so many people here at problems with bullying as a child. I did too and I also had a very lonely childhood at home so Lucy was an escape for me too.

I think that's a hardcore reason for fanatic loving her, she got us away from all that crap. Although even here it's hard to escape, bullies are EVERYWHERE through one 's life It seems. If people would just leave other people alone, but I digress, LOL!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Lucy dreams once in a while but the only vivid one I remember is her giving me a lecture about something in her Desilu office. She was seated behind the desk and giving me advice about something. Can't remember what LOL.

If Aussie Laura had had the dream, she could tell you what was written on each page of every memo on her desk, talk about details in HER dreams, LOL!

You sound like AussieLaura here, wish to God I could have the kind of vivid dreams you describe, just never happens to me. Yet I would want that so much. I see it's not just bullying we have in common, but anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts too. GUESS THEY ARE ALL TIED IN SOMEHOW!

It's crazy how much bullying can affect the feelings you have about yourself. I still have those insecurities I had as a 10 year old, just about more mature things.

Yep count me in that club only mine was by the teacher rather than other students. resulted in me shutting down, hiding away, being isolated and watching Lucy which was the only thing that made me laugh

Geez, we should form a club, wait, I guess we have already.

My dad introduced me to Lucy. I watched I Love Lucy on TBS and The Lucy Show on Nick at Nite. He got me my first book The "I Love Lucy Story" by Bart Andrews. My first I Love Lucy movie was either The Long, Long Trailer on Family channel or Mame.

My dad introduced me to Lucy. I watched I Love Lucy on TBS and The Lucy Show on Nick at Nite. He got me my first book The "I Love Lucy Story" by Bart Andrews. My first I Love Lucy movie was either The Long, Long Trailer on Family channel or Mame.

Anybody ever tell ya you have GREAT taste? And so does your dad, LOL!

You nailed my feelings exactly. Every problem whether bullying, suicidal thoughts, family issues, depression, anxiety, or anything she always gave me a purpose to keep going. Not only through the laughter but her strength as a person.

I remember the most surreal dream I had was one that involved her. I believe every dream has a hidden meaning. I was also told and taught in the dream world that the deceased will come to you to provide strength and support, if there is a spirtual connection there. But the dream has to be vivid. I believed this even before this incident.

But anyways I was at the point of deep depression. In the dream I am sitting in my room and Lucille walks in and sits at the foot of my bed. I instantly start telling her my problems and she walked me through them. I am also one of those people to bottle everything inside and not tell anyone about my deepest thoughts. But every single problem I was facing was talked between us. To me she wasn't a celebrity, she was sort of a guardian angel in the dream. I remember every detail of that dream.

Was there a spirtual connection in there? You may say I'm crazy but I feel like there was one. This is the only dream I can say everything word for word, how the room felt, how she looked, how the room was, every detail. This is one thing I never really have told anyone just because of how real it felt.

Also let's just say that dream saved my life.

That is incredible. I would never laugh this off or think you are crazy. I truly believe things of this nature happen so much more often than many are willing to admit. I believe with all of my heart that those who came before are still out there helping us along especially during our darkest times.

I have always been a huge fan of The Carters, best President you ever had, too decent for the job I guess, the only President to do even better work outside the job. Well, Clinton too for that matter.

I couldn't agree more! I have a real problem with all of the flack he catches here in the States. I just feel that he and Mrs. Carter are true examples of what could happen worldwide if we would all choose to make kindness, acceptance, and goodwill the default as oppossed to judgement, cruelty, and selfishness. They are unwavering advocates for the human race and any disrespect for that is a terrible reflection upon the individual doing the disrespecting.

Anyway, (Sorry, sometimes I get carried away. Back to the regularly scheduled program.)it comes as no surprise to me that there are many of us who were subjected to bullying as Lucy was the ultimate escape. An escape that gave us joy and happiness, for however short a period of time, which we severely lacked in the schooling environment and, as for myself, the home also. Thankfully, she was the escape I chose as oppossed to drugs or self mutilation, etc. My thought process was: Lucy was strong and look where that got her so, that was the path I was taking as well. Unfortunately, thousands of others aren't that lucky and that saddens me to the core.

Sad thing is you are such a wonderful human being, you shouldn't have any at all.

Thank you so much. I do have to say the bullying part of my life made me love and accept others more, to be open minded.

I also see that you had an alcoholic father. Me too! My dad's brothers are also alcoholics. It's like they never grew out of their partying stage and grew angry and arrogant as they all aged.

That is incredible. I would never laugh this off or think you are crazy. I truly believe things of this nature happen so much more often than many are willing to admit. I believe with all of my heart that those who came before are still out there helping us along especially during our darkest times.

Thank you so much. It's such a relief being able to say this. Especially to all my fellow Lucy buddies and have them have an open mind about it too. I believe in life after death but I don't know what aspect of it is out there. Only one way to find out! Lol. But since I had that dream it's helped me cope with things, if the going gets tough I think of what she said in that dream.

Wow, what a great story, happy things are better now, being the child of an alcoholic dad myself, I feel your pain, they say we have to watch it so we don't become that way too. There's still a Madame Tussaud's in NYC that features a Lucy model?

Thanks for the welcome Claude! Yes, Lucy is still at Madame Tussauds in NYC. Really wish they would add Viv or Desi. They have several Judy Garland and other celebs have multiples. While I love Judy, I don't think that makes much sense.

Thank you so much. It's such a relief being able to say this. Especially to all my fellow Lucy buddies and have them have an open mind about it too. I believe in life after death but I don't know what aspect of it is out there. Only one way to find out! Lol. But since I had that dream it's helped me cope with things, if the going gets tough I think of what she said in that dream.

I dun't thin I've discussed this, maybe it happened on my recent hiatus . . . but months ago, my boyfriend was robbed at his apartment. They not only stole every single electronic thing he had but also damaged and ruined many other things. The police are convinced it's a HATE CRIME. They left several notes in their five hour visit, comments on some things they did not take, ruined his guitar, piano, leather couch, thank God his dog had been euthanized by the police a few weeks earlier or they probably would have killed it also. They cut up his underwear and socks and stole all his leather coats and expensive winter overcoats. He thought he was insured but was not so everything`s a total loss, many of those things I had bought so I was furious but more upset that they went after him because he was gay, and probably had bragged about his thousands of movies on dvd and so on, so they took them all, needless to say he is now insured and has a new alarm system. I felt so bad for him that I have bought about 600 books since, he`s an avid reader. He thinks it was an inside job, his landlady`s grandson works with him and babysat his dog at his apartment so he knew where everything was and gained easy entry. So, even a man who came out to everyone at 16 still has to pay for being gay decades later it seems.

I couldn't agree more! I have a real problem with all of the flack he catches here in the States. I just feel that he and Mrs. Carter are true examples of what could happen worldwide if we would all choose to make kindness, acceptance, and goodwill the default as oppossed to judgement, cruelty, and selfishness. They are unwavering advocates for the human race and any disrespect for that is a terrible reflection upon the individual doing the disrespecting.

Anyway, (Sorry, sometimes I get carried away. Back to the regularly scheduled program.)it comes as no surprise to me that there are many of us who were subjected to bullying as Lucy was the ultimate escape. An escape that gave us joy and happiness, for however short a period of time, which we severely lacked in the schooling environment and, as for myself, the home also. Thankfully, she was the escape I chose as oppossed to drugs or self mutilation, etc. My thought process was: Lucy was strong and look where that got her so, that was the path I was taking as well. Unfortunately, thousands of others aren't that lucky and that saddens me to the core.

Doesn`t Lucy look absolutely gorgeous in your avatar. Loved her in that dress, the pic AussieLaura gave me of her is from that night.

Thanks for the welcome Claude! Yes, Lucy is still at Madame Tussauds in NYC. Really wish they would add Viv or Desi. They have several Judy Garland and other celebs have multiples. While I love Judy, I don't think that makes much sense.

Well, you`re certainly right about that, if anyone DESERVES different statues, it`s Lucy, not Judy.

I dun't thin I've discussed this, maybe it happened on my recent hiatus . . . but months ago, my boyfriend was robbed at his apartment. They not only stole every single electronic thing he had but also damaged and ruined many other things. The police are convinced it's a HATE CRIME. They left several notes in their five hour visit, comments on some things they did not take, ruined his guitar, piano, leather couch, thank God his dog had been euthanized by the police a few weeks earlier or they probably would have killed it also. They cut up his underwear and socks and stole all his leather coats and expensive winter overcoats. He thought he was insured but was not so everything`s a total loss, many of those things I had bought so I was furious but more upset that they went after him because he was gay, and probably had bragged about his thousands of movies on dvd and so on, so they took them all, needless to say he is now insured and has a new alarm system. I felt so bad for him that I have bought about 600 books since, he`s an avid reader. He thinks it was an inside job, his landlady`s grandson works with him and babysat his dog at his apartment so he knew where everything was and gained easy entry. So, even a man who came out to everyone at 16 still has to pay for being gay decades later it seems.

Oh my god. That is ridiculous. No one deserves that. What is wrong with people? Loving is easier than hating

Oh this is just terrible news, send him our best wishes and support. It does sound like he is right though, somebody had to know what was he had, I don't think many crooks would break in just any apartment since there's always the possiblity you won't get much of value. And where were his neighbors when all this was happening? If they were damaging stuff they must have been making some noise too. Were the police able to get any fingerprints? Did this happen when he was at work or out of town? They had to know he wasn't immediately returning to do this much damaging and stay that long.

Oh this is just terrible news, send him our best wishes and support. It does sound like he is right though, somebody had to know what was he had, I don't think many crooks would break in just any apartment since there's always the possiblity you won't get much of value. And where were his neighbors when all this was happening? If they were damaging stuff they must have been making some noise too. Were the police able to get any fingerprints? Did this happen when he was at work or out of town? They had to know he wasn't immediately returning to do this much damaging and stay that long.

I know, by the damage entailed, they deemed it at least a five hour visit, yes, he was at work, yes, they wore gloves and being a forensic addict, he has the equipment to take fingerprints, and they stole that too. His landlady is at least 85 and quite deaf, his dog had died a few weeks prior and he's on the second floor of a house with neighbors quite a few feet away. Brock tells me that area just outside Toronto is shady at best.

Doesn`t Lucy look absolutely gorgeous in your avatar. Loved her in that dress, the pic AussieLaura gave me of her is from that night.

What evening was this again? I used to know but, can't recall.

That is absolutely horrible news, Claude! I can't believe the audacity of some individuals. To be so cruel and heartless to someone who has done nothing to deserve it is just heartless.Give him my kind regards.

Archived