ME-TV Adds The Lucy Show

Harrison

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How badly did they butcher Together For Christmas on Me-TV? Somebody sent me a copy years back before the DVD release, and if I recall, they cut out part of the Turkey/goose scene, the part when Lucy accidentally steps on Viv's $1.50 ornament, the whole "you aren't supposed to eat Oysters in months that have an R" and something else I can't remember. 

What was ME thinking?  In our time zone, their b/w showing of the Andy Griffith Christmas episode was an hour after CBS showed it in color.

Like, ILL's Xmas show, AG's is nothing special, though Will Wright does a stellar job.   For their first companion episode, the picked "The Pickle Story" in which the usual great cook Aunt Bee is oblivious that her pickles taste like kerosene.  This one seems to be a fan favorite.  I'm a big AG fan and a big MTM fan, but the greatness of "Pickle" and "Chuckles Bites the Dust" escapes me, and "Chuckles" is widely acknowledged as the best MTM.

I'd forgotten Elinor Donahue was an AG regular for a time.  She was a regular on SO many shows without ever getting a starring role.

My favorite AG credit "Miss Donahue's fashions by Mr. Burt of Encino"

• 4 months later...

Beginning Monday, May 30, The Lucy Show will be taking over I Love Lucy's weekday morning slot at 6:30am EST. I Love Lucy will continue to air Sunday afternoons from 4pm-5pm EST. If you happen to be an early bird then you're in luck.

Beginning Monday, May 30, The Lucy Show will be taking over I Love Lucy's weekday morning slot at 6:30am EST. I Love Lucy will continue to air Sunday afternoons from 4pm-5pm EST. If you happen to be an early bird then you're in luck.

Great to see that The Lucy Show will be back! Too bad that it came at the expense of I Love Lucy.

It is cool that ILL, TLS, and HL will all be on tv again on a regular basis. When's the last time that's happened?!

I don't think there has ever been a time when all 3 long-running Lucy series ran simultaneously in the U.S. on the national level. The closest thing similar to that is when Nick-at-Nite carried I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show, and The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour in the mid-90s. So this is a first in Lucy history.  

Archived