Lucy A - Z -- V!

Brock

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the day of HER birth:

Joan Rivers, comedienne, actress, 35 titles; Lucille Ball guest, (“Here’s Lucy”) “Lucy and Joan Rivers Do Jury Duty”, 1973; with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, III, as which Lucille is, archivally, memorialized, 1990; with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), archivally, 50 Years of Funny Females; with the Arnazes, each archivally, Ed Sullivan All-Star Comedy Special, 1995; with Lucille, archivally, Make 'Em Laugh: The Funny Business of America, “Slip on a Banana Peel: The Knockabouts”, 2009; with Lucille and Vivian, archivally, as Lucy Carmichael and Vivian Bagley, United Kingdom's, My Favourite Joke; as well as Headliner, among many others, Lucille Ball Festival of Comedy, Jamestown, NY, on the 100th anniversary of Lucille's birth, Jamestown NY, 2011, is born this date in 1933.

Variety: “Bill Asher has been signed to direct the full 1952-53 season of Lucy, (which will commence filming July 28, instead of the originally announced August 14), a sure sign of Asher’s ‘making the grade,’” published this date, 6/9, in 1952.

On the day of HER birth:

June Haver, d. 7/4/05 actress, 16 titles; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now, as Katie McCullem, 1947; with the Arnazes, A Star Is Born World Premiere, 1954; guest, with husband, Fred MacMurray, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour “Lucy Hunts Uranium”, 1958, appears with Lucille, archivally, That's Dancing! 1985; with Lucille, Hostess, All-Star Party for Clint Eastwood; AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Billy Wilder, 1986; is born this date, 6/10, in 1926.

On the day of HER birth:

Virginia Brissac, d. 7/26/79; actress, 155 titles; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, Stop, Look and Love, 1939; Monsieur Verdoux, 1947; as well as guest, (“I Love Lucy”) “The Sublease”, as Mrs. Hammond, 1954, is born this date in 1883.

On the day of HIS birth:

Vic Damone, singer, actor, 17 titles; wed short time to Pier Angeli, actress; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show “Joey Gets Brainwashed”, 1964, appears with Lucille Ball, Bob Hope's Overseas Christmas Tours: Around the World With The Troops - 1941-1972, 1980; with Lucille and Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars II, 1985; with Lucille, The Kennedy Center Honors: A Celebration of the Performing Arts, 1987, as well as with Lucille, Hostess, America's Tribute to Bob Hope, 1988; is born this date in 1928.

Vinnie Myers (teenage boyfriend of both Lucille Ball and Lucy Taylor. He owned a Model T. Drove out to the lake. Became a banker.)

Model 'T' perhaps; not sure about the BANKER part....the only person I know, personally, to ask, I don't talk to; she's the Celoron 'gossip' - I'll ask around....

I grew up with Vinnie's son; who is passed for many years; the other son lives far away; don't see him anymore, younger by a .couple years than I am.

On this date, 6/14, in years mentioned:

1. LA Evening Herald Express - [reviews:] RKO' Five Came Back, previewed last night at the Westwood Village Theater, is gripping melodrama about plane passengers lost in a South American jungle. The title comes from the fact that only five get out alive - Lucille Ball is one of the stars. Despite the film’s weakness, it’s good entertainment,” [and]- “With all roles ably filled by Hollywood well knowns, including Lucille Ball, film emerges as a tense film drama based on what happens when a transport plane is forced down in the head-hunter territory of Central American jungles,” published this date in 1939.

2. TV Guide, the cover of which has 'loved Lucy' more times than any other magazine, publishes its first issue this date in 1948.

3. Forever Darling - Production begins, with a staff made up principally of Lucy employees, the last time Elois Jensson would design beautiful clothing for Lucille, this date in 1955.

Jo Van Fleet, d. 6/10/96; Academy Award-winning actress, 58 titles; appears, as nominee and co-presenter, The 28th Annual Academy Awards ceremony, Lucille Ball in audience, 1956; as well as guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, “The Crazy Hunter”, as Mrs. Lombe, 1958; is born this date in 1914.

Archived