Lucy covers Time's "100 Most Influential..."

Brock

"Lucy Ricardo" is on the cover of a new special edition of Time Magazine commemorating the "100 Most Influential People Who Never Lived", a look back at fictional characters who had a cultural impact. It's not specifically numbered, but Lucy Ricardo is the first character listed in their "Everyday Heroes" section, featuring a full page photo and a write up on the opposite side, along with a solo shot of Lucy on the magazine's title page. Mary Richards is also featured, along with a writeup by MTM herself.

ztxc95.jpg

"Lucy Ricardo" is on the cover of a new special edition of Time Magazine commemorating the "100 Most Influential People Who Never Lived", a look back at fictional characters who had a cultural impact. It's not specifically numbered, but Lucy Ricardo is the first character listed in their "Everyday Heroes" section, featuring a full page photo and a write up on the opposite side, along with a solo shot of Lucy on the magazine's title page. Mary Richards is also featured, along with a writeup by MTM herself.

ztxc95.jpg

Guess HOMER beat her again, but a very nice tribute nonetheless. Will look for it tomorrow.

Really? I found this copy at Chapters/Indigo.

Well, THAT's exactly where I checked. I spent an hour there going through that book on Los Angeles that I loved so much, but now that I know for sure there are no references to Lucy, they can keep it, I've read it. 65 bucks plus tax in my pocket!

Good for Lucy! Glad they had the smarts to include her AND put her on the cover. (Editing to add that Ithis teeny tiny font size automatically appeared & I tried editing it to a larger size but no luck)

Sorry, but I am so happy this happens to OTHER people too, drives me nuts, I get it every fifth typing.

Good for Lucy! Glad they had the smarts to include her AND put her on the cover. (Editing to add that Ithis teeny tiny font size automatically appeared & I tried editing it to a larger size but no luck)

I've also discovered, in my many posts that, if you post it; then, go back in to edit; highlight the offensive wording, go up and hit font and size to how you'd like to it to look, you'll have success....Good Luck! It is maddening, I know....Loving you, JK

Hi Joyce :) ! I tried that a few times, but the computer was being persnickety. After highlighting, as soon as I clicked on font size my highlight would disappear. Just one of the many typing adventures I had here yesterday. I just roll with it, & sometimes type a comment for Brock so he is aware in case this happens to others, too. Thanks, though! Claude, no problem -- I remember you getting the tiny font & strikethrough letters in the past so figured I was experiencing the same glitch. It doesn't happen every time, so it's always a surprise when it does happen :) . ( I do like to separate paragraphs with a blank line between them but haven't been able to do that for several weeks. I have to hit the space bar all the way across to get to the next line, & that doesn't always work either. :lucyblah: Oh well -- can't have everything! :lucyhaha: )

Claude, no problem -- I remember you getting the tiny font & strikethrough letters in the past so figured I was experiencing the same glitch. It doesn't happen every time, so it's always a surprise when it does happen :) . ( I do like to separate paragraphs with a blank line between them but haven't been able to do that for several weeks. I have to hit the space bar all the way across to get to the next line, & that doesn't always work either. :lucyblah: Oh well -- can't have everything! :lucyhaha: )

Oh it happens to me on practically every posting, BUT, I just start over and don`t get it on the retry.

Have you tried updating your browsers and clearing your caches? If you have recently copied and pasted text, the formatting of what you've copied and pasted will carry over in here. If there are further issues, please direct them to the Webmaster thread rather than wherever these issues seem to take place.

Have you tried updating your browsers and clearing your caches? If you have recently copied and pasted text, the formatting of what you've copied and pasted will carry over in here. If there are further issues, please direct them to the Webmaster thread rather than wherever these issues seem to take place.

I`ll have computer whiz check it out when he returns, I can`t do any of that as it`s all GREEK to me.

Brock said: Have you tried updating your browsers and clearing your caches? If you have recently copied and pasted text, the formatting of what you've copied and pasted will carry over in here. If there are further issues, please direct them to the Webmaster thread rather than wherever these issues seem to take place. I'll do that, Brock,& will head over to the Webmaster thread for any future glitches. Thanks!

Hey, guy; just going to go through that with Viv -

VIV: Do you delete your browsing history? And, I mean, several times a day, if you do much typing while on-line....

Look up to the line just under your browser - search - area:

There are six words there: FILE EDIT FAVORITES TOOLS HELP

HIT (click on) 'TOOLS'; A BRING-DOWN BOX WILL APPEAR; HIT 'DELETE BROWSING HISTORY'; ANOTHER BRING-DOWN BOX WILL APPEAR IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN; THIS IS A LIST OF CHOICES; CLICK ON THE FIRST FOUR BOXES; [THEN, CLICK ON 'DELETE' at the bottom of that same bring-down box you just checked the first four boxes] -

THE MACHINE WILL DO THE REST; ANOTHER BOX WILL OPEN AND YOU CAN SEE THE MACHINE DOING ITS THING....DELETING THE 'STUFF; only takes a few seconds, depending on how much stuff is in there']

WITH THE PRIOR 'HIT' AND CHECKING THE FIRST 4 BOXES ONLY, YOU ARE SAVING YOUR FAVORITES AND GETTING RID OF THE CRAP THAT IS HIDING WITHIN YOUR BROWSER history; THE LAST THREE BOXES LEAVE ALONE, WITHOUT CHECKING, AS YOU WILL LOSE PASSWORDS; FORMS; ETC. See if that helps..... when you are on-line for a long time, and perhaps searching, etc., for several things; you probably want to do this several times a day; keeps the junk clearly out of there. Good luck with it....

Always remember, though, VIV; when in this Lounge and you want to make a post; ONLY click on in the middle of the blank area TO START; that way, you avoid the formatting symbols of the Lounge BOX; they are very sensitive, I have discovered; but, do look up there in the formatting line; anything that you have accidentally 'hit' on will be highlighted; just click on that highlit format code, and it will turn off. Good luck....loving you, JK

Archived