Colorized "I Love Lucy" DVD set for Nov. 5, CBS Special airs Dec. 20

Brock

AJ, do you care to share what you've done with The Operetta? It's one of my top three favorites!! :-) Your Job Switching colorization is stunning.

Sure thing, still a work in progress =)

http://youtu.be/RC6RiF1igfw

Here's the full Chocolate factory picture I colorized along with a picture of Ethel, also a work in progress picture.

1458987_10200904655006137_1232511800_n_z

vlcsnap-2013-11-08-19h09m47s59_zps5c28a3

vlcsnap-2013-11-08-19h11m02s51_zps4c454d

Work in progress screenshot,

vlcsnap-2013-11-08-18h56m07s54_zps20c34d

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fingers got sore halfway through so I only did half of ethels get up xD but yeah from the time lucy opens the door up until the end of the clip its 85 stills I had to colorize by hand.

http://youtu.be/62CAHGu7Dn0

Another still picture I colorized =)

vlcsnap-2013-11-09-00h56m46s95_zps55669b

As beautiful as they are, I dun't thin you got the colors right though, wasn't it called the BLACK wig?  And I never saw a leopard that color either.  LOL!

1. As I watched Stomping Grapes in color a few times today, I thought the action was clearer in the vat, I saw the other lady more clearly, and the vat looks smaller, everything looked different, this is just amazing, like seeing another show.  Same comedy but more defined.

I enjoyed The Italy ep more than the xmas episode.   :lucyhmm:

The blue coloring on their clothes and skin as they fought were well done.  :gary:

• As I watched Stomping Grapes in color a few times today, I thought the action was clearer in the vat, I saw the other lady more clearly, and the vat looks smaller, everything looked different, this is just amazing, like seeing another show. Same comedy but more defined.
I will admit that scene was done very well! They did well with grape color.

Maybe CBS has already colorized all the I Love Lucy episodes and they will only release a few at a time so they can make money. Well that is just a thought. And if more color  shows are released I would hope to see them on season sets in color with extras like the current season sets or even better a complete box color set full of new extras. :D

Maybe CBS has already colorized all the I Love Lucy episodes and they will only release a few at a time so they can make money. Well that is just a thought. And if more color  shows are released I would hope to see them on season sets in color with extras like the current season sets or even better a complete box color set full of new extras. :D

Somehow I doubt that there are loads of them out there already done with nobody telling us about it, I mean with all the work that's required for each one, but I agree, i'd settle for a few at a time, the Hollywood eps, the Europe ones, the house in the country, Lucy at home, Lucy having a child, all in separate releases.

Archived