Colorized "I Love Lucy" DVD set for Nov. 5, CBS Special airs Dec. 20

Brock

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBS might not want to colorize the entire Christmas show but the Lucy fans want the entire show in color. We want every I Love Lucy show in color. Good to know that there are many color photos of the show that could be used to help in the colorization process.

I WUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV you!

CBS might not want to colorize the entire Christmas show but the Lucy fans want the entire show in color. We want every I Love Lucy show in color. Good to know that there are many color photos of the show that could be used to help in the colorization process.

What is this "we" routine? lol

Not all fans sweetie :)

And as for reference photos to get the colors right, that's beside the point. Props and costumes weren't selected because of their color, they were chosen because of how they filmed in black and white. All about lighting. Not color.

WE-the Lucille Ball fans that would like to see I Love Lucy in color.

Nothing wrong with the show in black and white. Lucy is good in black and white or color. Color would add a new fun element to the show.

Remember all televisions have a color setting that can turn off color. So go ahead and feel free to watch The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy and Life With Lucy in black and white. Just turn the color off on your tv set.

Desilu did not film the show in color because of the extra cost of color film. Black and white was the tv standard in 1951. It is now 2013 and the color technology exists. So why not color the show? The black and white versions will still be available.

This up to anybody, and to whomever wants to do this, but we can boycott this, and flood CBS with phone calls and/or E-mails, regarding this. Believe me, if enough people do it, they'll listen. I know of an incident where a certain DVD release was boycotted so badly, that it was pulled from the shelves, corrected, and rereleased. If we raise our voice, maybe we'll be heard, and maybe something will be done about it. If enough people get together and complain, our chances our greater. What have we got to lose, right? What's wrong with wanting what we want, and what we've been waiting for? It doesn't matter to me that they're going to enhance the picture. They need to redo it completely. It needs to be redone, and not just remastered. They have enough resources and reference materials to go by, and whatever they don't have, they can wing. I want to see this the way it was meant, and intended to be seen. What do you say, people? Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? What've we got to lose? Who's with me?

The flashbacks need to be, and should be colorized, as well. What's the point of even remastering it, if the colors are wrong. And, if you're gonna colorize it, either colorize the whole episode (including flashbacks), or don't do it at all. Sorry, I'm just ranting, raving and venting. When I originally found this news out about them fixing and correcting the Christmas Show, I was so happy & glad. When I found out what they meant by "corecting it," I was livid and furious. That's why this isn't going to sruface and see the light of day, if we remain silent. I know I'm sounding like a brpken record. We need to stand up for what we want, what we need, what we've been waiting for, and what's right. I guess they want to save a few bucks, and have a bunch of mad, angry and upset fans, rather then spend more money, and have happy, pleased fans, We need to let them know that if this is done the way we want, it'll sell like hotcakes, and if it's not, the sales will be poor. If they're wise, they'll do it the right way, which will increase sales.

I Love Lucy on BETA before VHS, forgot about that tape format. Was it ever released on the 8mm videotape format? This show has been available on everything!

Actually Beta and VHS came out at the same time and coexisted for around a decade. The studios released everything in both formats circa 1978-89 but because so many more people had VHS vcrs (thanks to them being much cheaper) eventually they quit releasing prerecorded product on Beta and by the early or mid 1990's Beta machines were no longer being manufactured. It's interesting that Beta lost the video wars considering the picture quality was remarkably superior but price won out, something for all these people who insist blu-ray is going to obliviate dvds (which they've been saying for almost a decade) to ponder. Did Columbia House release ILL on Beta? I'm thinking that subscription series didn't start until around 1990 so maybe Beta had already vanished as a contender by that point.

Also of note, a few episodes of ILL were released in the Super 8mm sound film format late 1970s but I think these were "unofficial" releases, if you get my drift. I remember seeing the ads for them in the Hollywood collectibles magazines of the late 1970s when I was a teenager and thought to myself how amazing to be able to watch ILL any hour of the day that you wished! I remember one of the episodes available was "Lucy Writes a Novel" and I think there were one or two others also available.

There's only three more months away from the DVD release date. So, a lot can happen in that amount of time, if action is taken. I hope I'm not alone.

They're not going to change anything on a product to be released three months from now though, the first batch of copies have probably already been manufactured and are sitting in warehouses awaiting the release date.

WE-the Lucille Ball fans that would like to see I Love Lucy in color.

Nothing wrong with the show in black and white. Lucy is good in black and white or color. Color would add a new fun element to the show.

Remember all televisions have a color setting that can turn off color. So go ahead and feel free to watch The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy and Life With Lucy in black and white. Just turn the color off on your tv set.

Desilu did not film the show in color because of the extra cost of color film. Black and white was the tv standard in 1951. It is now 2013 and the color technology exists. So why not color the show? The black and white versions will still be available.

You tell'm sister!

I was thinking of starting a Facebook page/group about this topic. Hopefully, it'll go viral. I'll bet we can get enough members to join, and/or sign a petition.

Yeah, we can all get together and sign a big petition like in that song Main Street USA, except we'll change the lyrics to COLOR ALL THE WAY!

Archived