Funniest of the Funniest (NBC -- September 1, 2013)

Brock

Oddly, I don't recall any Carson clips! They seemed to all be derived from sitcoms -- a couple even supposed "outtakes" -- except of course for the classic GWTW spoof/scene from TCBS.

I really would like to meet the bafoons who come up with these so-called "best of" lists, etc. given the great "breakdown scene" from MTM's Chuckles Bites the Dust was the lowest entry on this "list" of 30 yet inanities from such other "classics" (cough, cough) as "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" (!) and "Family Matters" (really?? An Urkel clip higher than MTM or other more deserving classics??) rank higher on the list. Travesty! :lucyeww:

But that's the thing Joey, the P U B L I C voted these in, not the expert critics, although the critics did offer the nominees for the public to vote on. Carson was not on but other variety or sketch shows were like Saturday Night Live and In Living Color, I was just happy Lucy beat Carson and Seinfeld with her number one position. I still haven't forgiven either for topping her a couple of times, LOL!

It was ok. Not big on the new sitcoms. I've seen every episode of the Simpsons and Golden Girls and there were much better clips they could have picked. I liked that they had the Ricky Spanish/English flub included, really was not expecting that. Just happy Lucy was number 1.

I know but didn't they make Desi's SLIP look like an ad lib or flub when it was in the script?

It was ok. Not big on the new sitcoms. I've seen every episode of the Simpsons and Golden Girls and there were much better clips they could have picked. I liked that they had the Ricky Spanish/English flub included, really was not expecting that. Just happy Lucy was number 1.

Exactly. You can't please everybody with these lame "lists", I'm sure these specials only come along because they're relatively cheap to produce!! Geez, Betty wasn't even on CAMERA in this one!! That was certainly part of the disappointment!! :vanda:

Exactly. You can't please everybody with these lame "lists", I'm sure these specials only come along because they're relatively cheap to produce!! Geez, Betty wasn't even on CAMERA in this one!! That was certainly part of the disappointment!! :vanda:

Should have watched KATIE today then, as Betty was on to help Katie celebrate her birthday.

I thought the list was pretty disgraceful. Not only were there some questionable SHOW inclusions (FRESH PRINCE being the most glaring) the episode selections were largely disappointing.

I never watched Fresh Prince so I did not mind that scene as the guy kept roaming the studio breaking character and I thought that was very unusual and mildly amusing.

Hey, you don't have to convince me, I hated that show and especially it's pompous ass star. Seems we have this same discussion every time the AFI does any kind of listing of celebs or movies too.

YEah...except this was put together (cough, cough) by the Paley...whom you'd think would know better! :lucyhorror:

YEah...except this was put together (cough, cough) by the Paley...whom you'd think would know better! :lucyhorror:

Well, when I went through my various dvd copies of things, I noticed quite a few gems from the Paley center so this is the first one that I was watching while not exactly riveted to the screen, so I guess you`re right, but let`s not forget that Lucy still managed to get to number one so that`s good enough for me.

Archived