Lucy Clippings: The 1930's

Lucyilove

I have a feeling this picture was taken on the RKO lot. It wouldn't surprise me if after this photo was taken they changed the sign to "Fay Wray's Pecan Pralines" and then to "Betty Grable's Sweet Shop and Soda Fountain." 

:marionstrong: I was thinking the same thing. It's amazing Lela Rogers had so much time mentoring starlets she was so busy making signs.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think she was dating him because he was a great lover. That seemed like a relationship on convenience and what can you do for me. Jewelry is a good thing.

Oh and doesn't she look vaguely like she does in the late 50s.

Blech.  I hope she turned the lights out when they did it.  

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that a while back.  That special copy of the movie is much too spensive, at least right now.  Maybe in the future.  It's a great movie, I had forgotten how well written and performed it was.

I got the DVD and saw the documentary and Lucie there- its really a good good good DVD, because it goes into the characters and not just how every one came together to make it happen. 

Oh I know, but at 30 bucks plus tax here, that's just ridiculous, Hollywood can be so greedy sometimes, I only buy 5 dollar dvds lately.  I told Brock about a special deal at Best Buy that had the Melissa McCarthy/Sandra Bullock movie, I forget the title, BluRay/download/and regular dvd for 3.99 as well as season one of Homeland for 4.99, now THAT's the type of deal I'm always looking for.

Oh I know, but at 30 bucks plus tax here, that's just ridiculous, Hollywood can be so greedy sometimes, I only buy 5 dollar dvds lately.  I told Brock about a special deal at Best Buy that had the Melissa McCarthy/Sandra Bullock movie, I forget the title, BluRay/download/and regular dvd for 3.99 as well as season one of Homeland for 4.99, now THAT's the type of deal I'm always looking for.

after all you've shared with me, I wouldn't mind sending my copy to you because Ive burned everything to put onto my Apple TV so its yours if you'd like it. 

Its in the same condition as when I bought it some time ago.

That's incredibly kind of you, but the reason I gave up on sending people stuff is that A:  I can't copy dvds like I used to with VHS and Beta and B:  you should see the hassle in mailing anybody anything nowadays.  But thanks anyway.  Really nice of you.

That's incredibly kind of you, but the reason I gave up on sending people stuff is that A:  I can't copy dvds like I used to with VHS and Beta and B:  you should see the hassle in mailing anybody anything nowadays.  But thanks anyway.  Really nice of you.

no worries. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived