November 24, PBS: Carol Burnett receives the Mark Twain Prize

Brock

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but I'm the biggest LUCY fan, so I tend to focus on HER, never saw it here anywhere, then again, I don't read everything on Lucie.  But after seeing her legs on that show, geez, I may convert.  Sexually, not going from Lucy to Lucie.

Okay, eww.  You sure we're on the same team??  :lucyeww:

Anywho, it's been mentioned here on the site somewhere or other; also, I know I read it in a recent interview she gave, not sure for what....one of her sons lives there already, so it kinda makes sense, especially if she has no plans to do any more Broadway, at least long term....

Speaking of the Springs, she'll be doing her Latin Roots (aka The Daddy Tribute Show) there next Febreeary....and I certainly hope to be there with bells on.  Wish me luck!  :HALKING:

In that recent radio interview she seemed up for work wherever and wasn't retiring to the West Coast, so don't rule out anything on the east coast.

I didn't mean to intimate that she was either retiring nor not up for a show "back East"; but recall something about the 8 shows a week thing for months probably not viable at this point...we have to remember too that Mr. Luckinbill is not exactly a spring chicken at this point and is likely while still performing, probably ready for a slower pace is well..

And I can't think of many better places to do so... ;)

But when I read you said she was going to Palm Springs, retirement was also MY first thought.  Although L A is only a couple of hours away and the weather there to die for, I understand that.  When you see the end of your life approaching, you don't want to deal with winter storms, freezing rain and cold weather in the East.

Archived