EMMY AWARDS, SEPTEMBER 22

C L A U D E

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Greg in Hollywood, Johnny Lopez blog recapping the Emmys, only his best ones out of many . . . The Emmys are so obsessed with death that Ryan Murphy is giving them their own American Horror story season next year.  Modern Family, Julia Louis Dreyfus and Jim Parsons should remove themselves from Emmy consideration.  After two wins for the same role, it should be g'bye.  Sarah Paulson from American Horror story was robbed!  Anna Farris' new sitcom will never be as funny as her hair and dress last night, YIKES!  The Jon Hamm era is over, it's all about Bobby Canavale now.  Kathy Bates or the host of Weakest Link will one day win an Emmy for Showtime's biopic The Elton John Story.  

More . . . If anyone deserves an acting award for Behind the Candelabra, it really should be HBO's wig department.  Merritt Wever, her 11 word acceptance speech did what Nurse Jackie couldn't, MAKE HER FAMOUS!  Tony Hale, Julia Louis Dreyfus acceptance speech did what VEEP couldn't, make him famous.  Jon Hamm had the hottest beard, next to Kevin Spacey's date of course.  WILL ARNETT, amber alert!   Melissa Leo, has won an Oscar and an Emmy but somehow is still being styled by Jiminy Cricket.  Mark Burnett, praise the Lord he won for The Voice and NOT The Bible.  Breaking Bad, the Emmys finally got one right and I don't even watch the show!

A salute to Liberace and no television clips of him? sad.

What did Liberace need a salute for anyway? Did he die again? Didn't watch the show (I don't watch hardly prime time tv now so most of the current stars are completely unknown to me, no reason to watch them win anything) but it sounds like little more than a reason to get Elton John on the show.

I would love to know just who decided on those particular four getting single memorial tributes, you usually only do that with mega stars and can think of dozens of iconic tv stars who passed away in the last 30 years who did not receive such an honor. It smacks of possibly industry politics and/or friends in high places. 

What did Liberace need a salute for anyway? Did he die again? Didn't watch the show (I don't watch hardly prime time tv now so most of the current stars are completely unknown to me, no reason to watch them win anything) but it sounds like little more than a reason to get Elton John on the show.

I would love to know just who decided on those particular four getting single memorial tributes, you usually only do that with mega stars and can think of dozens of iconic tv stars who passed away in the last 30 years who did not receive such an honor. It smacks of possibly industry politics and/or friends in high places. 

Well, I hope they learned their lesson and NEVER do it again, it brought down the whole show too.  I so agree with you about the stars on the show, all these unknowns we never even heard of, but when they showed OLD clips, we got to see REAL stars like Ball and Benny among many others.  Yes, they brought on Elton to increase the ratings and he gladly came on to PLUG his new record coming out any time now.

That year seemed like a watershed year on all award shows for having so many greats pass. Wonder why they didn't get this idea then. Of course we would all bitch about who don't get one. They just should never have opened this can of worms.

Listen, they wanted people talking about the show and this CONTROVERSY surely did that.

Archived