Lucy, Judy and Julie grab some ice cream!

Brock

Since it has almost been ONE WHOLE YEAR since the last Punchy Players upload, I'm having to content myself with this live action version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWvMAbv8hDY

"We're talking about Metro."

Well, if all goes according to plan, YouTube may have some new original content in the style of Punchy Players, except all involving original characters. Maybe it'll help fill the void until they get back at it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have graphics to edit ;)

I have all the Judy Garland shows which were put out with loving care in 2 box sets, but have not yet watched this one with June Allyson.  In the book about the Judy Garland show by the late great Steve Sanders, someone is quoted as saying the girls were too into the Liefremilch (sp?) so the hour was sloppy.  Steve's book is the best show business production book I've ever read.  I don't know how many times I've read it.  I look something up related to the show and before I know it, I'm reading the whole things again.  Always hope that the ending will be different for Judy.  The series was her last high-water mark in show business. 

By the way, i have this to say about Judy's hair style, and I'll  quote Judith Lowrey as Mother Dexter who said to Marjorie "Buffalo Face" Bennett:

"Ya hair looks like ya comb it with a EGG BEATER!".

If anyone can do an imitation of June Allyson, the Punch Players CAN!

I, too am disappointed that those boys haven't put out a video in a while.  There's not a one of them that is not excellent from start to finish.  Just when you think they can't top themselves, (What could top Judy's Cream of Wheat?) they do ("auditions for Mary Poppins", for example culminating in the Carnegie Hall-like Mary Poppins medley by Judy. "our daughter's daughters will aDORE us".... Brilliant, brilliant, my hat's off to them.)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived