Jane Connell has died

HarryCarter

Once they dressed her up and discovered she had a bust, she looked gorgeous! I loved her has Gooch, I can't see anyone else playing this character.

Rest in peace Jane Connell! I'll drink a Dr Pepper for you! :)

Wonderfully cast as Gooch, she did one h---- of a job;  So did the Gooch in Russell's Mame!!!! 

The part was CREATED for those two women - GREAT!  Loved both renditions!

I love the pictures.  I finally can see Jane as the perfect Gooch.  being young I thought she was way too old for the part but seeing these stunning pictures for a then 48 year old makes me see her beauty.  I always loved her interaction with Lucy in the movie because she made Gooch a real person and you can sense her nervousness and akwardness replaced by living life up.

I love the pictures.  I finally can see Jane as the perfect Gooch.  being young I thought she was way too old for the part but seeing these stunning pictures for a then 48 year old makes me see her beauty.  I always loved her interaction with Lucy in the movie because she made Gooch a real person and you can sense her nervousness and akwardness replaced by living life up.

Besides, nannies get older too you know, LOL!

Jane Connell, Mame's Gooch, died today at the age of 87. :(

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Tony-Nominee-Jane-Connell-Broadway-Great-Known-for-MAME-and-More-Passes-Away-20130923

I saw a screening of Mame last year and "Gooch's Song" got the biggest audience response!

When it ended you mean??  God love her and all but oy! My least fave part of the film! :D

Archived