Unpopular episodes you love & why

Someone listing "Lucy Gets Caught Up in the Draft" as a "best-of" episode of "The Lucy Show" prompted this thread.  (I generally don't like Lucy in "drag,” and hadn't everyone at the time gotten their fill of this from all of the "Iron Man Carmichael" episodes??  Guess not. :lucyeww: )

I'll start: "Lucy and Ma Parker."  Sure, it’s a cartoon, but it's the biggest part in any "Lucy" show for our beloved Carole Cook, and the little people are funny.

Someone listing "Lucy Gets Caught Up in the Draft" as a "best-of" episode of "The Lucy Show" prompted this thread.  (I generally don't like Lucy in "drag,” and hadn't everyone at the time gotten their fill of this from all of the "Iron Man Carmichael" episodes??  Guess not. :lucyeww: )

I'll start: "Lucy and Ma Parker."  Sure, it’s a cartoon, but it's the biggest part in any "Lucy" show for our beloved Carole Cook, and the little people are funny.

But the audience didn't tune in to see THE LITTLE PEOPLE, they tuned in to see Lucy in great comedy and this was not IT!  LOL!   I can not get enough of The Fur Coat, i'm seeing it three times today as it's playing as one of two on Comedy Gold today.  This is one of the early eps BEFORE they got their bearings so normally the first and last of the series were some of the worst but this is the first one where they got everything RIGHT and established the characters and was just one of the all time best in my book although like I said, most people might consider it weak because it was on so early in the series.

I enjoy a lot of the early, silly episodes. They have a unique charm about them. I adore The Seance and also get a kick out of Drafted. I also really like Lucy is Envious even though Jess Oppenheimer didn't.

I hereby honor YOU with the Mikidiki award for weird Lucy taste, LOL!   Seriously, that HAS to be the single most creative and beautiful Lucy avatar I have ever seen, just flawless, unlike the shows you mentioned.  LOL!

I hereby honor YOU with the Mikidiki award for weird Lucy taste, LOL!   Seriously,. that HAS to be the single most creative and beautiful Lucy avatar I have ever seen, just flawless, unlike the shows you mentioned.  LOL!

I'm the first to admit that those episodes are hardly tops. I just enjoy them for their quirks.

And thanks about the avatar!

I also like the majority of "Lucy Is Envious." I see Jess' complaint, but I'm not really bothered by it. 

"Lucy Makes A Pinch" is one of my favorite third season LUCY SHOW episodes. Both Lucy and Viv are great in this one. 

I think "Lucy, The Other Woman" is quite funny. That Totie.

I also like the majority of "Lucy Is Envious." I see Jess' complaint, but I'm not really bothered by it. 

"Lucy Makes A Pinch" is one of my favorite third season LUCY SHOW episodes. Both Lucy and Viv are great in this one. 

I think "Lucy, The Other Woman" is quite funny. That Totie.

Wish they had paired up Lucy with all the great comics of her era, like Totie Fields, wish they had included Phyllis Diller and not just someone imitating Phyl.

Season one of I Love Lucy is my all time favorite Lucy season. Go ahead, judge me! :D

NO COMMENT!  LOL!  Oh what the hell, just one . . . saw The Fur Coat today, my ONLY favorite from the first twenty eps of season one and even THAT one was flawed like hell, their acting, so much fakeness and long shots like Lucy showing off her hat for so long it reminded me of that pause Lucy did in Mame when a director waits too long for a shot. 

NO COMMENT! LOL! Oh what the hell, just one . . . saw The Fur Coat today, my ONLY favorite from the first twenty eps of season one and even THAT one was flawed like hell, their acting, so much fakeness and long shots like Lucy showing off her hat for so long it reminded me of that pause Lucy did in Mame when a director waits too long for a shot.

I wish I could explain why I love the first season. Maybe because its sentimental to me or because it's the beginning of TV history, I don't know. But there's something about these episodes that get me. But the best quality episodes come out of season 3 and 4.

Also if I did a top 10 ILL shows I probably wouldn't include any season 1 episodes.

But it is nontheless my favorite season of Lucy.

I wish I could explain why I love the first season. Maybe because its sentimental to me or because it's the beginning of TV history, I don't know. But there's something about these episodes that get me. But the best quality episodes come out of season 3 and 4.

Also if I did a top 10 ILL shows I probably wouldn't include any season 1 episodes.

But it is nontheless my favorite season of Lucy.

Well, nothing wrong with that, with the reasons you mentioned.  I was thinking this morning as I watched the first two viewings of season one shows for the day that Lucy sure became more sophisticated as she went along, the change is amazingly noticeable as we go on in the series.

Well, nothing wrong with that, with the reasons you mentioned. I was thinking this morning as I watched the first two viewings of season one shows for the day that Lucy sure became more sophisticated as she went along, the change is amazingly noticeable as we go on in the series.

See, I thought I'd win you over after my explanation! :) Haha.

I enjoy a lot of the early, silly episodes. They have a unique charm about them. I adore The Seance and also get a kick out of Drafted. I also really like Lucy is Envious even though Jess Oppenheimer didn't.

Brian... you are perhaps the only person I can think of to "sing the praises" of the Drafted episode.  What's in that kool-aid you're having, anyways?? ;)

Archived