"Life With Lucy" DVD Release

Mr. Wilson

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is true, indeed she does: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/erin-moran-net-worth/

Ann Dusenberry, on the other hand, actually seems to be living a very nice life these days, just not a public one.

Yes, Ann seemed very happy in that interview she gave to the Creative Community last year or so. She's largely retired, focusing on local theatre efforts nowadays. She was also very candid about the show being rather dated and stilted but had nothing but kind words for Lucille.

How bout CBS does this release before colorizing I Love Lucy? That sounds logical.

By who's logic?  CBS looks at a show that is considered the greatest ever and another that was put out by a competing network and was cancelled after eight, geez, I wonder which will get priority treatment?  LOL! 

Are you the Lucyartblog person???  I was recently introduced to it by a friend in LA who told me, you've just got to see this.  And he was right.  I've been totally blown away by everything I've seen there.  Absolutely stunning, all of it!  So incredibly talented!  And frankly, people ought to be paying to see that!

Wow, thanks so much. I appreciate that! It made my day. A lot of friends know about the LAB in LA, so its good to know we have a new addition to the family :D

We've been down for maintenance, getting ready for the holidays and all -wed like to give out art supplies this year- but we are back up and with some new plans coming up- feel free to stop by the FB page, like it and book mark it so you can keep up with us :D    www.facebook.com/thelucyartblog

The show probably would've been more successful if it took the "Hot in Cleveland" route with lots of nostalgic guest appearances. It's no wonder that the Audrey Meadows episode seems to be the most popular overall.

Good point, although the whole show had a plot and was actually funny that helps too.

Wow, thanks so much. I appreciate that! It made my day. A lot of friends know about the LAB in LA, so its good to know we have a new addition to the family :D

We've been down for maintenance, getting ready for the holidays and all -wed like to give out art supplies this year- but we are back up and with some new plans coming up- feel free to stop by the FB page, like it and book mark it so you can keep up with us :D    www.facebook.com/thelucyartblog

You're very welcome.  I meant everything I said.  You have an incredible gift.

Good point, although the whole show had a plot and was actually funny that helps too.

Well that too, yes. Lucy could've done a show that would've been a success in the 80s. Life With Lucy was ill-conceived and the execution suffered. I think she needed some new blood on the creative team. Ann Dusenberry even said that having Marc Daniels directing meant that the show was handled in a "dated" fashion, which resulted in it being stilted. And Bob & Madelyn, for all their talents, didn't create the ideal premise.

I got to watching Lucy Movies to NBC over the holiday and the way they talk about the pilot that was in this special is what I think was wrong with Life With Lucy.  Well there were many things wrong, but going back to this Donald O'Connor thing, its described as more of a wholesome show that families could watch together.  They had the older entertainers but also the new younger guy too.  I'm not saying everything had to be crude jokes and violence or topical humor but you need to work within the current decade.  I know a major criticism of Golden Girls was the amount of sex talk but it was still well written.  Looking at other sitcoms of the decade that I watched as a kid, Growing Pains, Full House, Who's The Boss, Different Strokes.  I was able to watch these with my parents.  Some topics may have been on the more adult nature but they went over this 8 year olds head.  And all had one of those "very special episodes" so common of the time.  Maybe some of those shows don't hold up too well now, but they were hits in the 80s.  Even with all the sex talk in Golden Girls I watched that in it's original run and loved it.  Now many years later I finally get the jokes.

LWL didn't need to be edgy but it needed to not be dated before it hit the air.  There were moments in some episodes that worked.  Too bad they could not have found a nice blend between funny and heartfelt.  It just tried to hard to be constant funny without any heart.  I felt that Lucy tried to breakout with the specials in the 70's a bit, but when it came to coming back to sitcom TV she was so concerned with her image that she had to be 100% pure.  

Archived