LUCY IN MFH:THE CARTOON

Mmadluv7

How many episodes are there of the radio series, My Favorite Husband? I wonder if they might be considering putting out dvd sets of the show animated. The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy are almost complete, maybe this will be the next "Lucy" production we'll be collecting!!

I know theres episodes of this on the I Love Lucy box sets, but its hard to get into a show with out the visual.

I agree, I hope they do too! It's not only so much more fun to "listen" to them this way, the animation/cartoon style is stunning! Love it! :D

I haven't watched the whole thing yet either but it is stupendous. I just can't imagine how much time this takes. You'd think there'd be some market for this. I love his additions, like the animation of the ingredients.

I got to the scene with Iris. I didn't really envision Iris looking so much like the Burns and Allen Bea Benedaret. I always thought of her as looking more like Pearl Bodine, but better dressed. Can't wait to see Gale/Rudolph.

Here's an ad from March 1950....NEW DAY! (Sunday) NEW TIME! 3:00. :lucyhorror:

3 in the afternoon?? :lucyshock:

Was MFH broadcast live?

I hope you can read the quotes from Benny and Charlie McCarthy.

Unfortunately the head shot of Lucy didn't come through very well but the hair looks like it could be from "The Lucy Show"

MyFavoritePicture03081950.png

And just for kicks, here's the radio program schedule for that day.

Left to right: NBC, CBS, ABC, Mutual

MFH wasn't the only show run during the day.

Notice "The Curtis McGibbon Show" on NBC at 1:00 :professor:

Jack Benny and Edgar Bergen run twice. Wonder if they were different episodes.

For those who don't know: ventriloquist Edgar Bergen (Candice's father) and his dummy/puppet Charlie McCarthy were a huge hit on radio for years.

Yes, a ventriloquist on radio!

RadioSchedule.png

And just for kicks, here's the radio program schedule for that day.

Left to right: NBC, CBS, ABC, Mutual

MFH wasn't the only show run during the day.

Notice "The Curtis McGibbon Show" on NBC at 1:00 :professor:

Jack Benny and Edgar Bergen run twice. Wonder if they were different episodes.

For those who don't know: ventriloquist Edgar Bergen (Candice's father) and his dummy/puppet Charlie McCarthy were a huge hit on radio for years.

Yes, a ventriloquist on radio!

RadioSchedule.png

Wow, these ads are so cool, Neil! Thanks for sharing them! :D

• 2 months later...

Archived