I LOVE LUCY DAY!

C L A U D E

Wow, Henry, this is absolutely gorgeous! The detail is incredible & the expressions are perfect. I love the way you draw Lucy, but it is always a special treat for me when you draw Viv. Thanks so much for sharing this :) . Love it!

It takes a special kind of talent to even make the diamonds shine, i'd still like to know how the heck he did that.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It takes a special kind of talent to even make the diamonds shine, i'd still like to know how the heck he did that.

lol wow, Im glad you all like them, I hope  Im doing some kind of justice towards celebrating I Love Lucy. Ive had a marathon playing all this month lol we've done a lot to celebrate and I hope people are enjoying everything, all in honor of ILL

1391741_407048746062264_1418498605_n.jpg

tumblr_mv72pkzqLT1qiopcto1_1280.png

Henry, are you colouring these great shots yourself?

some my friends Mase and JD-Desiluforever do, and some I do and sometime we collaborate. Many you see on the net without the blogs logo, was possibly done by these two (well those with great coloring jobs)

In this instance. Of course, the picture originated in black and white, JD (first picture)did the intricate coloring and original color scheme.

Then I took it, (second pic on the right)and had to do a few level changes and there ya go. I was rushing to get this out, seeing we have time frames to share pics and fun stuff on the blog, so it isn't the best it could be, tumblr_mv8or09w1v1qisewlo1_500.png

but JD and Mase ALWAYS come with some gorgeous coloring. The picture up top of Ethel and Fred was done by Mase. 

Although I haven't seen the colour DVD yet, these photos look like a far more realistic job than what we can hope for. Well done to all concerned!

Thats a huge compliment, but ya kno Brock, I think the Christmas DVD and the DEC.20 airing will not disappoint and will look nice. The details, and the vibrance of the colors from the previews can't compare to this. Did you see that christmas tree DoreSchary posted? whew! my goodness. DETAILS galore lol I also think the quality will be top notch. We have all been coloring and playing with colors on the Lucy photos for years, but what they accomplished on the DVD, may be a really good effort that we will really like-visually ;D

Im really excited to get my copy of the DVD and watch the christmas show on CBS with my babies (my nieces and nephews lol)

Don't count your chickens before your bridges is hatched.

I'm satisfied, then again i'm not a purist like some of you.  I found the pictures just stunning.  Thanks again for posting those.  So nice to see the show in a different light for a change.  I forget the Streisand line from Funny Girl, like a bagel in a plate full of salad rolls?

Wow, Henry, this is absolutely gorgeous! The detail is incredible & the expressions are perfect. I love the way you draw Lucy, but it is always a special treat for me when you draw Viv. Thanks so much for sharing this :) . Love it!

Sorry for the late response, Im just now seeing this-but I must tell ya- first, Thank you for those kind words-second, Drawing Viv is ALWAYS a treat, and always so fun and easy

Archived