Do you remember the very first of I Love Lucy you ever watched?

I owned almost all the CBS/FOX tapes before the DVDs came out.

There was something so exciting as a young fan finding those individual cassettes at the department store (when they were released a few at a time), unwrapping them, and devouring the two treasures inside. I like to take out those tapes every once in a while as there are so many happy memories tied up in each and every one of them.

There was something so exciting as a young fan finding those individual cassettes at the department store (when they were released a few at a time), unwrapping them, and devouring the two treasures inside. I like to take out those tapes every once in a while as there are so many happy memories tied up in each and every one of them.

It was exciting! I still own a few of them, sold most at a garage sale a few years ago. I kind of wish I hadn't just for the sentimental value. I know I still have volumes 11 and 12. I'll hold onto those.

• 2 months later...

Besides bits and pieces of episodes before it, I think the first episode I actually sat down and watched was the first one, the "unseen pilot".   :)

Wow, that's a rarity nowadays, to see the pilot before any other episode. It's kind of like discovering My Favorite Husband before I Love Lucy; something that happened historically but not much today. 

• 1 month later...

Archived