Underrated Gems

Exactly. There were a lot of things acceptable back then that aren't acceptable nowadays. Sometimes I feel we go overboard with the PC stuff today but a lot of things are now looked down upon that should be.

I know it wasn't intended to be mean, but the sight of those chop suey specks and buck teeth make me cringe! I think my jaw hit the floor in shock the first time I saw it. And part of what bothers me about it is that it makes no sense. It feels added just for the sake of doing something outrageous. She could have easily worn a different disguise in order to visit him. It had nothing to do with an otherwise enjoyable episode.

Hey, with the uproar going on right now with a few people, i'm sure glad Lucy never did blackface.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished Season Six from THE LUCY SHOW. Aside from the classics, I greatly enjoyed "Lucy And The Stolen Stole," which I would classify as an underrated gem. 

I really like this one too. What could I been an annoying concept with them continually getting arrested is actually a very funny episode, in my opinion.

You can't fool me like you.fool your.stupi.wife...

Stupid.wife!?!?

Did somebody call me??

So many putting down Berle and yet this was one of the all time funniest episodes.  This is Ruth by the way, that died while Lucy was in the hospital at the end.  And Ruta Lee looks exactly the same as she did in this episode, those are fantastic GENES!

I know, she's done as many movies as  . . . . Zsa Zsa.

THE MOVIE STAR!!! was in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Witness for the Prosecution, and Funny Face. Zsa Zsa played a lady in waiting to the Queen of Outer Space and slapped a cop in The Beverley Hillbillies movie. Draw your own conclusions. :D

THE MOVIE STAR!!! was in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Witness for the Prosecution, and Funny Face. Zsa Zsa played a lady in waiting to the Queen of Outer Space and slapped a cop in The Beverley Hillbillies movie. Draw your own conclusions. :D

You forgot Moulin Rouge.  I actually thought that was Zsa Zsa's only movie credit.

I like "The Fox Hunt." It's not brilliant, but it's I Love Lucy, so it's pretty darn good. There are definitely some laughs. 

Yes there are, BUT, I never particularly LOVED it, that beeatch from hell trying to steal Ricky from Lucy was quite adult for a tv show that's supposed to be hilarious. 

I mostly like this one, but it's pretty brazen with that chick. Love Lucy's line and how she delivers it. That prize is in my box of cracker jacks.

LOL!  True, it's a very funny ep but the only truly hilarious part of the show is the fox hunt, well, with the delivery of that dialogue by Lucy also, same as that phone call, DRAT THE LUCK!

I just realized, I've never seen The Fox Hunt in its entirety. I saw part of it on TV Land once and it didn't hook me, and I never bothered to watch it on the DVD. Do people like this one?

Really?? At this point, it's hard to believe there's an episode no one's ever seen, at least not all the way through!! Amazing! :D

Really?? At this point, it's hard to believe there's an episode no one's ever seen, at least not all the way through!! Amazing! :D

In 2012 a  lost piano piece by Mozart was discovered. I wish they would find a "lost" episode of I Love Lucy that they set aside and somehow forgot about and now was discoverd. Imagine an completley new I Love Lucy episode that they public could watch.

In 2012 a  lost piano piece by Mozart was discovered. I wish they would find a "lost" episode of I Love Lucy that they set aside and somehow forgot about and now was discoverd. Imagine an completley new I Love Lucy episode that they public could watch.

Hey, it happened with the Christmas show and again with the lost pilot so there's always hope, then the colored Scotland ep, it never really ends.  Then it was the Holden one in color, then the Italian one . . . .

Archived