Underrated Gems

Really?? At this point, it's hard to believe there's an episode no one's ever seen, at least not all the way through!! Amazing! :D

I have yet to watch these episodes of the Lucy Desi Comedy Hour. The Milton Berle one. Lucy Goes To Japan and Lucy Meets The Mustache.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, it happened with the Christmas show and again with the lost pilot so there's always hope, then the colored Scotland ep, it never really ends.  Then it was the Holden one in color, then the Italian one . . . .

The "movie" too, remember? I was beginning to wonder whether it even ever existed! Happily, it too was "discovered", restored and released on DVD!! :D

The "movie" too, remember? I was beginning to wonder whether it even ever existed! Happily, it too was "discovered", restored and released on DVD!! :D

Yeah, forgot about that movie but how can one consider three episodes a movie?  Damn MGM for not letting them release it so it wouldn't compete with Long Trailer.  Imagine if they had do ne that with other ILL shows and released them all over the world.

Yeah, forgot about that movie but how can one consider three episodes a movie?  Damn MGM for not letting them release it so it wouldn't compete with Long Trailer.  Imagine if they had do ne that with other ILL shows and released them all over the world.

After finally seeing it, much as I love the "behind the scenes" footage, I really wish they'd actually written a totally new story & script for this project and filmed it like a movie, perhaps could have been their first foray into on location story & footage...I dunno, but I don't really consider pieceing together 3 well-known eps -- especially from the first season, since they had yet to hit their stride -- a true "movie"....or perhaps they could have focused entirely on a more documentary, how-we-make-the-show kind of project instead, I mean given they pioneered so many things with the show, why not? 

After finally seeing it, much as I love the "behind the scenes" footage, I really wish they'd actually written a totally new story & script for this project and filmed it like a movie, perhaps could have been their first foray into on location story & footage...I dunno, but I don't really consider pieceing together 3 well-known eps -- especially from the first season, since they had yet to hit their stride -- a true "movie"....or perhaps they could have focused entirely on a more documentary, how-we-make-the-show kind of project instead, I mean given they pioneered so many things with the show, why not? 

All true and well said, never cared for that vaudeville comedy routine and they had already done it on Sullivan and for the President.

I agree, but I really adore I Love Lucy The Movie, even though we saw parts from the 50th special. But when it came out I flipped, so excited. Then when I watched it, it was just so awesome. The behind the scenes footage, a different look to how the audience and the cast saw that set. Also they put together the episodes very well. It restored my love for the Benefit. All I know is that it was one of the coolest things after seeing all the ILL episodes. Never thought you would see something new.

I agree, but I really adore I Love Lucy The Movie, even though we saw parts from the 50th special. But when it came out I flipped, so excited. Then when I watched it, it was just so awesome. The behind the scenes footage, a different look to how the audience and the cast saw that set. Also they put together the episodes very well. It restored my love for the Benefit. All I know is that it was one of the coolest things after seeing all the ILL episodes. Never thought you would see something new.

Well,  I second that.

I agree, I liked the movie a lot too. Plus those transition sequences aren't available anywhere else, so that really was brand new footage of the cast in character.

I just realized, I've never seen The Fox Hunt in its entirety. I saw part of it on TV Land once and it didn't hook me, and I never bothered to watch it on the DVD. Do people like this one?

"The Fox Hunt" is not exactly a favorite of mine. The plot line of the episode is not original as we've seen it in earlier I Love Lucy episodes. The difference between this and the other episodes is that this one is set in Europe. 

Also, there are really no laugh-out-loud moments in my opinion. It is just a "blah" episode.

Just finished Season Six from THE LUCY SHOW. Aside from the classics, I greatly enjoyed "Lucy And The Stolen Stole," which I would classify as an underrated gem. 

LOVED this episode the first time I saw it! I found it hilarious from start to finish. It's definitely one of the best (if not THE best) episodes in the second half of the season.

I am so glad that this episode in particular was my last one to watch of The Lucy Show series.

LOVED this episode the first time I saw it! I found it hilarious from start to finish. It's definitely one of the best (if not THE best) episodes in the second half of the season.

Oh it's one of those deals!

I am so glad that this episode in particular was my last one to watch of The Lucy Show series.

• 1 month later...

I just watched The Fox Hunt last night and I think Lucy's performance in the hotel room scene in her riding togs is exceptional. I love the way she acts with the riding crop in her hands throughout the scene. Her exit, tapping her hat with the riding crop, might be my second favorite after her "off to rehearsal" exit in The Dancing Star. "Tally Ho!"

Archived