Lucy-Desi eBay Auction: Part Two!

HarryCarter

Is anyone else getting a little annoyed that Lucie made the decision to sign items that have nothing to do with her? For example...the Desilu Shareholders Reports, scripts for shows and movies she wasn't even in, etc. From a collectors stand point I feel by doing this she's decreased the value. Sad to know some of these items have been kept in such good condition for nearly 60 years or more, only to be written on now.

Great point! I think you might got somethin' there! :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else getting a little annoyed that Lucie made the decision to sign items that have nothing to do with her? For example...the Desilu Shareholders Reports, scripts for shows and movies she wasn't even in, etc. From a collectors stand point I feel by doing this she's decreased the value. Sad to know some of these items have been kept in such good condition for nearly 60 years or more, only to be written on now.

I tend to agree. I like the idea of the signed boxes for the plates and the dolls, and the signed photos included with many of the other items, but this purist has a little twinge every time one of those stock reports come up. lol

You know what, for once I agree with Lucie (don't drop dead over this Claude :peachonthebeach: ),  these are just "things".  I actually came to that conclusion myself earlier this year  when I pretty much pulled the plug  on my ebay shopping, I mean how many Lucy magazine covers, dolls, posters, photographs, lobby cards, etc.can you have?  You can never get them all.  And when I think of the fortunes I have spent on memorabilia (not just on Lucy but other favorite actresses) that I could have spent for vacations and more selfish stuff on ME I kind of regret going hog wild on ebay for a decade or so.  It's been fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it but  I am much less interested now and can honestly say not a single item in this auction has tempted me otherwise. It would be nice owning things that Lucy once owned but I think it would have been nicer to have met her or gotten her autograph, never did either of those so I can live without this too.  So good luck to you guys who bid and hope you win your wants at a great price.

I toyed with that in the last auction when I wanted one of the furs. I take stock and think that I love too much stuff that takes money. Clothes, shoes, vacations, and updating my house. I love my Lucy room and add to it every year but not go crazy money wise with it. Watching Lucy is a huge part of my fandom and the more I read, watch and talk about her is more important most days than what I own.

Now if I could get the husband to back off on the train buying maybe I could get some modern bathrooms. Anyone who wants my vintage blue bathrooms can have them.

The most important thing about being a fan is absorbing facts. Whether reading, watching, or anything. The biggest treasure trove is a new fact or a new interview.

But I cannot deny I will forever buy Lucy stuff. I'm just one of those people, I just love collecting things. I'm like my grandma! :)

Watching Lucy is a huge part of my fandom and the more I read, watch and talk about her is more important most days than what I own.

The most important thing about being a fan is absorbing facts. Whether reading, watching, or anything. The biggest treasure trove is a new fact or a new interview.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. The most treasured Lucy things are her work on dvd followed by books and  clippings  on her career.  I particularly love the clippings as they are from the era it happened and are often Lucy interviews.

But I too still love my Lucy "trinkets" and don't plan on cleaning house mind you :lucyhehe:

It wasn't you? Well, that leaves one other suspect! :D

Nope. I tried for the wedding lot but after seeing what the bed jacket went for, I knew I had no chance anyway. (hoping to receive a second chance offer though :lucycoy: ) Was originally going to go after the jacket but decided it'd be too hard to display and it's so small as well. Mouth hit the floor when it ended. I honestly think that person really over paid for it..but I guess they truly wanted it. Oh well, on to bigger and better things!! :lucythrill:

Archived