The Countess Episodes

Maybe she didn't work that much by that point, what with her weight and probable health issues?? I don't remember seeing her in anything after TLS till her critically-acclaimed appearance in Whales of August with Bette Davis and Lillian Gish. :D

Yeah, that's what I thought also, heavy, with a cane but still pretty and all the talent in the world.

Maybe she didn't work that much by that point, what with her weight and probable health issues?? I don't remember seeing her in anything after TLS till her critically-acclaimed appearance in Whales of August with Bette Davis and Lillian Gish. :D

I enjoy all of our Ann Sothern jokes, but where did the gag actually come from? Yes, of course, she gained weight, but she wasn't exactly enormous or anywhere close to the maternal vehicle she portrayed.

I enjoy all of our Ann Sothern jokes, but where did the gag actually come from? Yes, of course, she gained weight, but she wasn't exactly enormous or anywhere close to the maternal vehicle she portrayed.

I've never seen the syndicated version of most TLS episodes. What moments got cut from the apartment episode?

Who cares if the gal gained weight! Sucks that careers go on halt because of that factor. The talent doesn't leave you once you gain the weight.

But remember that this is a medium where young actresses who are perfect are told to lose weight or get fired, heard about one of those just today on a talk show.

What gag? Did I miss a post or something?? What are you referring to, i.e. "the maternal vehicle she portrayed", meaning My Mother the Car? I'm lost!  :lucyhorror:

I've never seen the syndicated version of most TLS episodes. What moments got cut from the apartment episode?

There were many little bits cut, but in the version that aired in Canada on CTS circa 2001, the most prominent scene cut is Lucy climbing out of the window to get help from the pigeon landing to climbing into the next window only to find herself racing back into the apartment -- one of the biggest laughs of the episode.

What gag? Did I miss a post or something?? What are you referring to, i.e. "the maternal vehicle she portrayed", meaning My Mother the Car? I'm lost!  :lucyhorror:

I'm talking about all the gags thrown around in the  "Alter Lucy Titles", episode guides, and mock headlines threads we've come up with.

For example, our syndicated version cut the entire scene from 4.55 - 7.03 in the video below... which is a travesty. The DVDs were a revelation:

There were many little bits cut, but in the version that aired in Canada on CTS circa 2001, the most prominent scene cut is Lucy climbing out of the window to get help from the pigeon landing to climbing into the next window only to find herself racing back into the apartment -- one of the biggest laughs of the episode.

That...that's ....SACRILEGIOUS!!!  :vanda:

That...that's ....SACRILEGIOUS!!!  :vanda:

Archived