Movie based Broadway musicals

Going with the trend of "new" Broadway musicals being based on movies of the past, which Lucy movies would make good musicals?

"Yours Mine and Ours" seems a natural with songs like

"I've got 10/ I've got 8" (twin soliloquies)

"It's Getting Warm in Here"

"Beardsley,Beardsley,BEARDSLEY"

"WHO the Hell Named ME?" (Germaine's song)

But what about "Facts of Life" or "Fuller Brush Girl"?

Even better would be "Critic's Choice" where instead of "Sisters Three" being a play, it's a musical written by Angela so they'd have a musical within a musical like "Producers".

In previews this winter for a possible run to Broadway is The Big, Big Trailer.  It is a musical squeal to The Long, Long Trailer.  It features such hits as "Trailer Brakes First" and "You come to your home and your home is gone!"

And let's not forget that over-the-top choreography in, "Turn Right Here Left."  I heard several dancers were hurt in previews just learning that number due to the confusion among which foot to move in time with the lyrics.

Going with the trend of "new" Broadway musicals being based on movies of the past, which Lucy movies would make good musicals?

Even better would be "Critic's Choice" where instead of "Sisters Three" being a play, it's a musical written by Angela so they'd have a musical within a musical like "Producers".

My two aunt Germaines just turned in their graves!

The Big Street.... Songs like

"Her Highness"

"Rollin' to Florida"

"Vi O Lette With A Double T"

plus

"Evaporate!"

"They Call Me Decatur Reed/They Call Me Little Pinks" (counterpoint song)

"The Maid's Lament" aka "I'm Just Her Highness's Eight Ball"

And let's not forget that over-the-top choreography in, "Turn Right Here Left."  I heard several dancers were hurt in previews just learning that number due to the confusion among which foot to move in time with the lyrics.

HA!

If they can do Titanic on stage, they can do Long Long Trailer.

The Facts of Life

Act One:

"Gimlets" -- a four part number featuring Kitty, Larry, Mary and Jack on how they cope with suburban nothingness

"Crappin' It!" -- Kitty laments life with Jack

"There's No Business like Showalter Business" -- A salute to midwestern pickle companies

"You Can in Yucatan" -- Follows our crew on the way to Mexico

"Crappin' It" (Reprise) -- Everyone comes down with food poisoning

"Fairmount Fight Song" -- On the boat

"Fairmount Fight Song" (Reprise) -- Downtempo torch song version of above, as love blossoms against all reason

ACT 2:

"This Is My First Affair" -- as depicted

"Indian Love Song" -- Kitty and Larry share a duet, with Kitty waiting patiently in her car, and Larry stuck at a cub scout meeting

"Ballad of Miss Swift's Chest" -- Larry confides to the audience of past conquests

"Martinized" -- Hamilton Busbee sings about being a buzz kill

"Shut Up And Drive" -- Things head south on their trip north

"How Can You Tell A Chicken if the Rabbit's Lying Down" -- a country-fried duet on the downfall of their relationship

"This is My First Affair" -- mournful reprise

Fin.

LOL! Great thread!

The Magic Carpet could certainly have the type of spectacle Broadway loves nowadays. With such memorable hits as:

"The Scarlett Falcon Waltz"

"I Make the Rules, You Follow Them"

"Sultrier than the Sands"

"A Brand New View" (which Disney sues over as it is suspiciously similar to "A Whole New World")

Not to mention a memorable aria by Helen North as she reflects on her first meeting with his children: "I Got Screwed by a Screwdriver!"

The Facts of Life

Act One:

"Gimlets" -- a four part number featuring Kitty, Larry, Mary and Jack on how they cope with suburban nothingness

"There's No Business like Showalter Business" -- A salute to midwestern pickle companies

"Fairmount Fight Song" (Reprise) -- Downtempo torch song version of above, as love blossoms against all reason

ACT 2:

"Indian Love Song" -- Kitty and Larry share a duet, with Kitty waiting patiently in her car, and Larry stuck at a cub scout meeting

"Ballad of Miss Swift's Chest" -- Larry confides to the audience of past conquests

"How Can You Tell A Chicken if the Rabbit's Lying Down" -- a country-fried duet on the downfall of their relationship

Fin.

Bravo!  :HALKING:

The Facts of Life

Act One:

ACT 2:

Fin.

Where can I get tickets to this?

Ha! Great!

I'm going to have to watch "Facts" again to get all the references.

I'll add an additional song:

"Defore, the Parade Passed Me By"

The Facts of Life

Act One:

ACT 2:

Fin.

Archived