Recast Roles on Lucy's Shows

As most people know, Shirley Mitchell was not the first actress to play Marion Strong. The character was portrayed by Margie Liszt in The Club Election. Was this the only role on the series that was recast? I can't recall any others.

Were there any examples on Lucy's later series? Actors playing multiple roles don't count, just a recurring character(s) played by two or more actors.

Charlie Appleby was played by Hy Averback in Baby Pictures and George O'Hanlon in Lucy and Superman. There was a three year gap between these two episodes.

Paul Dubov randomly played Jerry in The Handcuffs instead of Jerry Hausner. I guess Jerry was unavailable that day.

Hazel Pierce played Grace Munson in The Club Election. When the character returned in the sixth season, Ruth Brady played the role.

Mr. Mooney had a daughter Rosemary, who lived in Trenton, New Jersey, son Bob/Ted Jr., and son Arnold. None of the children were mentioned in the California seasons. I guess Arnold went to a military academy like Jerry did since the Mooneys want to rent a one bedroom apartment in Lucy Helps the Countess.

That reminds me, Arnold Mooney was also recast. Barry Livingston played the role in the second season and Teddy Eccles in the third.

Charlie Appleby was played by Hy Averback in Baby Pictures and George O'Hanlon in Lucy and Superman. There was a three year gap between these two episodes.

Paul Dubov randomly played Jerry in The Handcuffs instead of Jerry Hausner. I guess Jerry was unavailable that day.

Hazel Pierce played Grace Munson in The Club Election. When the character returned in the sixth season, Ruth Brady played the role.

That's right! I knew about Charlie too, just forgot about him.

Archived