The Official LUCY ON BLU-RAY Thread!

WELL!

Oddly, the amazon page for season one has been taken down. THE PLOT THICKENS!

Best Buy's MSRP is the aforementioned $129.99.

Same for their similiar listing for Season One of TAGS coming on Blu, too.  :D

Despite the exorbitant price points for these two titles -- which I can not believe to be accurate/eventually subject to change -- it's so exciting we're finally going to be seeing our fave classic sitcom titles in this great format!  Can't wait!!  :HALKING:

Same for their similiar listing for Season One of TAGS coming on Blu, too.   :D

Despite the exorbitant price points for these two titles -- which I can not believe to be accurate/eventually subject to change -- it's so exciting we're finally going to be seeing our fave classic sitcom titles in this great format!  Can't wait!!  :HALKING:

tumblr_ldvczbOXxu1qzjix8.gif

I know!!

Just wanted to point out that it says six discs on Best Buy. Blu-ray discs offer 5 (or more) times the storage capacity of a regular DVD,  therefore it should not be that amount of discs. So I don't think these retailers have enough information yet regarding product details and this is a placeholder product listing until they get in details. 

Just wanted to point out that it says six discs on Best Buy. Blu-ray discs offer 5 (or more) times the storage capacity of a regular DVD,  therefore it should not be that amount of discs. So I don't think these retailers have enough information yet regarding product details and this is a placeholder product listing until they get in details. 

Yeah, even with higher bitrates it still doesn't require the same amount of discs DVD sets do. Each season of Friends was reduced to 2 discs on BD instead of 4 DVDs. 6 discs is what the first season I Love Lucy DVD had, so maybe that's where they got the information.

That just shows anything is possible. Hopefully one day we will see the complete series on ONE single disc in some form!

I dunno... I have a feeling this is possibly the last format in which we'll see a tangible, "hold in your hand"-type 'physical' format since so much media and delivery platforms are moving to devices that are downloaded via computer or played from storage in "the Cloud" (oooh, always sounds so ominous to me!) or via outlets like Hulu, Netflix, etc. etc.  

Being of a weird "in between" generation where I love all the new toys, devices and means of moving this material and yet "old school" where I still prefer a little disc I can actually hold in my hand, I'm quite conflicted about the possibility that we're going toward a totally "intangible" means of being able to watch all our old faves.

It's a very interesting time! :D

I dunno... I have a feeling this is possibly the last format in which we'll see a tangible, "hold in your hand"-type 'physical' format since so much media and delivery platforms are moving to devices that are downloaded via computer or played from storage in "the Cloud" (oooh, always sounds so ominous to me!) or via outlets like Hulu, Netflix, etc. etc.

Being of a weird "in between" generation where I love all the new toys, devices and means of moving this material and yet "old school" where I still prefer a little disc I can actually hold in my hand, I'm quite conflicted about the possibility that we're going toward a totally "intangible" means of being able to watch all our old faves.

Hopefully physical media will continue in some form. Even HD streaming isn't as sharp as bluray. Higher bit rates.

Good point. I definitely can see my generation opting for the such devices over the "hold-in-my-hand" formats. It is just way more convenient.

For me personally, I would love to have the ability to put on the shows/movies I like on a playlist and just watch them like that instead of constantly having to change out the disc from the DVD player just to watch another show/movie. That is what I love so much about the "Cloud" in regards to music. Picking out songs you like and then putting them on a playlist instead of shuffling through CDs just to listen to one or two songs on each CD.