The Official LUCY ON BLU-RAY Thread!

WELL!

Will the color home movies that were in the HL DVD releases ever be released in HD when (hopefully) the LDCH Blu Ray is released? Or are the rights to those home movies exclusively for MPI?

Cannot say... The home movies are owned by the Arnaz estate. Am sure the appropriate films will be among the items considered for inclusion on the LDCH set, once CBS has completed Seasons 1-6...

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe the Blu-ray is $129.99........that's kinda ridiculous. For goodness sakes', I got most of the seasons I have at the moment for about $20 a piece! I never did really see a difference between regular DVDs and Blu-ray.........probably just me. :). I have the 'color home movies' feature with The Audition on my 1st season discs anyway, so I won't be buying the blu-ray. I really don't see any point for me to spend that much on blu-ray, when I don't see any difference between it and regular DVDs! Lol! :).

I can't believe the Blu-ray is $129.99........that's kinda ridiculous. For goodness sakes', I got most of the seasons I have at the moment for about $20 a piece! I never did really see a difference between regular DVDs and Blu-ray.........probably just me. :). I have the 'color home movies' feature with The Audition on my 1st season discs anyway, so I won't be buying the blu-ray. I really don't see any point for me to spend that much on blu-ray, when I don't see any difference between it and regular DVDs! Lol! :).

Lol That reminds me of what my friend Lindy had done a week or so ago at her apt-  lol

I explained to her that she NEEDED TO INVEST in this , "first time on Blu Ray" blu ray set and I told her how sharp and pristine everything would look...she said to me, "come here"-she took me over to her flat screen. lol She said "sit down!" she went to the TVs remote, toggled the settings  to the sharpen option lol-she moves it from sharp to blurry, sharp to blurry and says "THIS IS MY BLU RAY  until that thing goes on sell!!" lolol

Difference isn't as noticeable on smaller TVs. Those with big televisions will see a HUGE difference however.

Lol That reminds me of what my friend Lindy had done a week or so ago at her apt-  lol

I explained to her that she NEEDED TO INVEST in this , "first time on Blu Ray" DVD set and I told her how sharp and pristine everything would look...she said to me, "come here"-she took me over to her flat screen. lol She said "sit down!" she went to remote, toggled the settings  to the sharpen option lol-she moves it from sharp to blurry, sharp to blurry and says "THIS IS MY BLU RAY  until that thing goes on sell!!" lolol

LOL!! :)

Difference isn't as noticeable on smaller TVs. Those with big televisions will see a HUGE difference however.

Hmmm, that might be it. My family's TV isn't exactly tiny, but it isn't any big television either. ;). Maybe I just don't see the difference cause I don't pay much attention to such things. Lollol. :)

When you get old like me, you'll see no difference, the picture is always as sharp as I want it to get when you compare it to what we watched originally back in the fifties.  It was only last week that I discovered the button on my remote to change the size of the picture, Cinerama, stretch, normal and being blind nowadays, my favorite, Z O O M !  As for the price, where the hell to people get the money to pay for this series at 200 smackeroos or Smallville at 250 or the worst of all, all episodes of Law and Order in this huge box for 800 dollars? 

DVD is no comparison to Blu-ray. You can look at the many direct comparisons of movies over at dvdbeaver.com and watch this talk from Martin Scorsese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9MNJXSwgVKU#t=595

I agree. In order to get the full blu ray experience your tv must have a 1080p resolution with a max of 240hz. TV sets that have a 720p resolution look quite as well but doesn't have the smooth motion quality as the 1080p.  

• Like 1

I think it's just a selling tactic, nothing more.  And to this day, that Tallulah line just bothers me as when I saw the show, SHE DID SAY THE LINE, now was this in the beta version, syndicated one, VHS, or DVD or what?

I saw it when the hour long episodes were broadcast as specials called "We Love Lucy" with Lucie Arnaz, Betty White and Ann Jillian hosting.  But when I got the LDCH on VHS from Columbia House, the line was already gone, I believe.  I couldn't believe it was still missing when the DVD set came out.