Alternate Character / Name That Film - Guessing Game

Mot Morenzi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mulholland Drive

Billy Rose, Maisie Ravier, and Wild Bill Hickok invade the home of defenseless Melanie Wilkes.

You guys are much too clever for me!  I had to peak at the answer.  I got James, Ann and Olivia but I didn't remember Guy Madison in that movie.  Assuming Harry Dean Stanton played Wild Bill at some point? 

Harry Dean was just in an episode of HBO's Getting On, which was a great series that only aired 6 episodes.  Not sure if it generated enough buzz to get renewed.  It's set in the women's geriatric wing of a hospital and stars a BRILLIANT Laurie Metcalf, who if she is not nominated for an Emmy, it's only because too few people saw the show.  A regular patient is played by Ann Guilbert, Millie of Dick Van Dyke.  There's a scene between Ann and Harry Dean than is too hot (for them) for this thread!  Other "guest" patients: Golden Globe and Oscar nominee for "Nebraska" June Squibb, whom I'm a new fan of.....and for those of us who remember Topper, a well-preserved and still-beautiful Anne Jeffreys who is 90!

You guys are much too clever for me!  I had to peak at the answer.  I got James, Ann and Olivia but I didn't remember Guy Madison in that movie.  Assuming Harry Dean Stanton played Wild Bill at some point? 

The Wild Bill Hickok in this case was Lady in the Cage's Jeff Corey, who played Wild Bill in Little Big Man.

I need to check out Getting On!

Sorry to once again interrupt the flow of the game.....but

The Wild Bill Hickok in this case was Lady in the Cage's Jeff Corey, who played Wild Bill in Little Big Man.

I need to check out Getting On!

Realized after I posted it that it was Jeff Corey and not Harry Dean (but they do seem like two creepy peas in a pod).  Ann Sothern spoke in Portland (I was there!), showing clips of many movies including "Lady in a Cage" (or "Sadie in a Closet") and mentioned Jeff as a superb acting teacher in Hollywood and that they got together to flesh out their characters. 

Archived