Lucy Movie Photos

The thing is she felt more comfortable with Merv and it shows, he paid homage to her too, not so carson, and she even let him know that she knew he didn't adore her.  Yet that woman went to bed watching his show every single night.  Merv's show with Lucy, the kids, Hope and Gale was the best ever, and the joy she got from that first ever clip of Mame, well, her reaction puts me away every single time.

I  think Merv's 1973 and 1980 interview too of Lucy are just sensation.  She is so relaxed here having fun  and everyone is too.  I love Lucy on the Tonight Show with Joan Rivers for that reason too.  They all are having a good time.  I cannot stand Johnny Carson he is overrated and I missed the showing of the 1977 interview but I have seen one on Youtube and Lucy looked like it was torture to be there.  I recall dick Cavitt's and Lucy looks like she is having an OK time there. Entertainment Tonight gave Lucy a great interview very professional and business like.  I don't like Barbara Walters interview she seems disrespectful and pushy.

Yeah, but the Walters one at least shows us more of the Roxbury house, the only reason I love it.  I agree the THREE Joan Rivers interviews are some of the best with Lucy being interviewed, again, because it helps when the interviewer likes and respects you.  Loved the Cavett one also, Cavett was more cerebral and Lucy respected that.  But the best ones are all Merv's, he adored her and it shows.  Gay men always show Lucy the respect she deserves, LOL!  She saw Merv socially also, that helps too.