Random clippings

Luvsbway

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She had a lot of HURT stored in there and had to get some of it OUT somehow.  How would you like YOUR spouse to cheat on you your entire married life?

Clearly she was deeply hurt and everything and everyone who've commented over the years have said as much. But that comment was about his personality and a very active and hurtful attack. If she were truly happy with Gary she wouldn't have felt the need to hurt Desi so I guess it speaks volumes about her feeling regarding her second marriage. It just doesn't sit well with me that she would take every chance to hit out at him. I read one article which was very similar and actively attacked him as a husband in 1986 and therefore presumably when he was dying. I'm amazed that she would do that when he was so sick. Why would you hurt him when he has so little time left? Why actively make him read that and feel it? Why not be positive and loving at that point? He certainly couldn't go back and change it. Sure be positive about Gary but not negative about Desi to the media. If for no other reason than her kids deserved better. She was a classy lady but this is just hurtful and she was not a hurtful women. I know the damage and hurt cheating causes Claude, I was a child of it for a very long time. But regardless p, she should have focused on being happy and not twisting the knife.

Caewi, I cannot see Lucy doing something like that.  You might have read the article in '86, around the time of Desi's death, but that was just someone trying to sell newspapers or magazines by rehashing an OLD story at the worst possible time.  I doubt that the woman who kept whispering to him on the phone I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU in their last conversation would do something like that.  Lucy always loved Desi best, the true love of her life, their affection didn't diminish after the divorce, it even grew.  I'll give you one thing though, Desi was a genius who guided her career, gary was a schmuck who almost ruined it.  BUT, Lucy was loyal and wanted to give gary confidence and stature, so she built him up, the way she had with Desi also.  Yes, there might have been comments made like HE'S WITH SOME DAME, and the like, but deliberately hurting him, especially as he was dying and she would lose him forever, nah, dun't thin so.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I wonder if that's the one where they showed Lucy clips and Bob Hope tried to get his lines in between laughs by the audience.  The one where he wheeled her in a wheelchair as she had her broken leg and he turned to her and said something like I ALWAYS KNEW IT WOULD END LIKE THIS. 

Yeah, I wonder if that's the one where they showed Lucy clips and Bob Hope tried to get his lines in between laughs by the audience.  The one where he wheeled her in a wheelchair as she had her broken leg and he turned to her and said something like I ALWAYS KNEW IT WOULD TURN OUT LIKE THIS. 

Do we know when this took place?? Sure was ages ago with THOSE ticket prices!!! :HALKING:

• 1 month later...

That is my favorite Lucy interview.  She is hilarious, open, and honest here.  Hope more of these can be found and shared.  I just love that picture of her - I think it is from Lucy Gets Lucky.  She is a very humble woman and I am glad family was her happiness.  She was never a big star who wanted to forget normal life.  Wish she could of hit Vegas but with what I don't know.

That is my favorite Lucy interview.  She is hilarious, open, and honest here.  Hope more of these can be found and shared.  I just love that picture of her - I think it is from Lucy Gets Lucky.  She is a very humble woman and I am glad family was her happiness.  She was never a big star who wanted to forget normal life.  Wish she could of hit Vegas but with what I don't know.

Wow that is insightful -- love the dig she gets in at Jim Bailey -- I can just hear her saying -- and probably eyes rolling at the same time!! -- "There was NO romance with Jim Bailey!" and the dig at Patty Duke too! ;) The comment about being buried in her backyard was a bit ..I dunno, chilling however.  Oy!

Archived