Is it possible?

onelightonesun

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god, not these stupid rumors again.  Lucie has the same expressions as her mother and even her eye shape is the same.  So does Desi Jr.  I've seen pics of Desi Jr.'s granddaughter and you can tell she's got Arnaz genes, especially as a young child.  Not to mention Lucie's kids, especially the boys, look like young Desi Arnaz Sr.

Shell:  Thanks or posting that lovely cover photo!

Perhaps this person who keeps this 'stuff' up front and personal and rarely, if ever, posts anything else on this Lounge would care to identify themself - if memory serves me, and we were trying to 'save the Center' way back when, there were a few folks who used various 'identities' - since we have no real (in print) from those who started this thing, I'm thinking 'hogwash' ....JK

I apologize for posting so much of this stuff. I just get really mad at people on the internet when they say things like "I'm having a hard time seeing any resemblance Lucie has to either parent." I can understand them saying they see no resemblance between Lucie and her mom but when they say they don't think she looks like Desi then I start to get the feeling that they're trying to imply that she's not Desi's biological daughter, or that she was adopted or switched at birth.

While I don't doubt that Lucy and Desi are the parents of Lucie and Desi Jr., I've always wondered...

I know this won't be popular but nonetheless...

We all know Desi messed around, but with anyone notable? And do we know of Lucy having any extramarital affairs?

Desi bedded lots of starlets, including Lana Turner, during his marriage to Lucy.  And yes, I do believe Lucy had her share of affairs to get back at Desi for his rampant womanizing, especially during the early years of their marriage and the latter half just before they divorced.  Desi even mentioned in his book that he confronted Lucy with her lover's phone number that he'd found shortly before they divorced.  

Oh Lana was after they were married. I know he bedded Betty Grable before meeting Lucy and maybe once when they were dating.

While she was accusing him of nailing anything in a skirt he threw it right back at her as he was very jealous and I don't think trusted her either. Other than at the end of the marriage I always want to know if he had real evidence of an affair.

And Lucy herself even admitted that she too "liked to play games," so you can infer from that what you will in regards to cheating.  I don't think she was entirely innocent throughout those 20 years with Desi.  I do have to say though that I can't imagine she would've been careless enough to get pregnant by another man during her marriage.  There's no doubt in my mind that Lucie and Desi Jr. are indeed Desi's kids.  

It's called DNA, folks.  It does crazy things.  I don't look like my mom's side of the family until you get real close enough to look at eye shape and facial structure.  I resemble my dad's side too much in terms of eye and hair color.  It just depends on what genes are dominant, etc.

I have a big hunch she had something going on with George Sanders during Lured. There is also the mystery man in NYC that Desi confronted her with name and number back in 59'. I think he also had a detective follow her at this time to.

May I ask what clues/evidence have brought you to the hunch, RE: Sanders?

I had forgotten that Desi had been with Lana, that's certainly interesting. With no disrespect to Lucy, I always thought Desi and Ava Gardener would have been so sexy together...

(HOLY COW, I'm watching Ricky's Screen Test and Lucy said "Ava Gardener" as I was typing her name; noted her voice/tone really drops on Lana's name, haha)

And I'm very curious about the boyfriend around 59, or any others. It's something that's rarely mentioned, but it fascinates me.

As I'm reading Desilu I wondered, did something happen between Lucy and Robert Osbourne?

Sanders evidence. There is a phone call described in the book Lucille that infers something was going on with them. 2nd Osbourne was on a Joan Rivers show in the early 90s and said Sanders was the only man she may have left Desi for but goes on to say he doesn't know if anything happened between them. The clincher for me is the 75' Dinah episode that is on the HL season 6 set. Watch Lucy's reaction when Gabor launches in to talking about Sanders and how he was in love with Lucy. Lucy's reaction tells all.

Desi's character in Forever Darling did have a pretty good dream about Ava.

Osbourne has been speculated on before. I've heard him say that she just wanted to be around people at the end of the marriage and would come over to his place because there was always a group of people and would sometimes sleep on the couch. I've also heard him tell the story of them having dinner in NYC and these mob guys would come talk to her and she knew them all. He thought it had to do with her modeling days.

I think he was a smart guy who was fun to be around at a time in her life when she was very lonely. I don't think there was anything else going on.

• 5 months later...

And Lucy herself even admitted that she too "liked to play games," so you can infer from that what you will in regards to cheating.  I don't think she was entirely innocent throughout those 20 years with Desi.  I do have to say though that I can't imagine she would've been careless enough to get pregnant by another man during her marriage.  There's no doubt in my mind that Lucie and Desi Jr. are indeed Desi's kids.  

It's called DNA, folks.  It does crazy things.  I don't look like my mom's side of the family until you get real close enough to look at eye shape and facial structure.  I resemble my dad's side too much in terms of eye and hair color.  It just depends on what genes are dominant, etc.

They are their kids, no doubt about it. How ridiculous to think they kidnapped some random children and switched them to call them theirs. I think someone's just trying to stir up excitement that's obviously stupid. I've never seen a huge resemblance between the kiss and Desi. Everyone else has always seen it so I guess it's just me. In some very specific photos I see it but overall not so much. I think Lucie's personality is a lot like her mothers, perhaps more so than she cares to admit. Desi had a carefree love of life but Lucie has a very focused air. No wrongs or rights but I think her personality comes from her mother (not joking genetics plays an important role in personality).

I've never gone for the Lucy affair story. I know everyone tells me if definitely happened but the phone number incident but I just don't buy she was actually having an affair. I think she was actually too desperate for it to work out with him to go with another man. Seeing as she was so horrified desi did it I don't think she would lightly do that herself. I always took the playing games comment in a more flirting and teasing sense. Building up jealously and desire in each other but not actually leaping into bed with a pretty random person just to make a point. But perhaps that was a language they both spoke and understood, sex and jealously. If there was someone else I would be looking at Henry Fonda. Shea was a lawfully keen on him and seemed quite interested during the roast.

Hmm now did she ever have an affair during the Gary years?

They are their kids, no doubt about it. How ridiculous to think they kidnapped some random children and switched them to call them theirs. I think someone's just trying to stir up excitement that's obviously stupid. I've never seen a huge resemblance between the kiss and Desi. Everyone else has always seen it so I guess it's just me. In some very specific photos I see it but overall not so much. I think Lucie's personality is a lot like her mothers, perhaps more so than she cares to admit. Desi had a carefree love of life but Lucie has a very focused air. No wrongs or rights but I think her personality comes from her mother (not joking genetics plays an important role in personality).

I've never gone for the Lucy affair story. I know everyone tells me if definitely happened but the phone number incident but I just don't buy she was actually having an affair. I think she was actually too desperate for it to work out with him to go with another man. Seeing as she was so horrified desi did it I don't think she would lightly do that herself. I always took the playing games comment in a more flirting and teasing sense. Building up jealously and desire in each other but not actually leaping into bed with a pretty random person just to make a point. But perhaps that was a language they both spoke and understood, sex and jealously. If there was someone else I would be looking at Henry Fonda. Shea was a lawfully keen on him and seemed quite interested during the roast.

Hmm now did she ever have an affair during the Gary years?

Well, in my opinion, if she did have affairs (which I think she did occasionally) she kept them very low-key and discreet and did it mostly to get back at Desi for the crap he was doing, and also because she was lonely and felt undesirable and maybe did it to prove to herself that she could still attract men.  Don't blame her myself.  Two can play that game.  Doesn't seem too far-fetched that Desi caught her with the phone number either.  

I've always wondered about Henry Fonda myself, especially after what Jane Fonda said.  And who knows if she had affairs during the Gary years.  It's rumored that she and Desi never stopped their love affair so it's possible they kept it up until their golden years, who knows.  Gary was off a lot playing golf and maybe doing other things he shouldn't have been. Hmmmm.

Archived