America's Tribute to Bob Hope with Lucille Ball

Annaleigh

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1289260228' post='3175]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CD7ANMLy_A

THIS, is the LAST tv appearance where she looked her absolute BEST ever, i find she looks so incredible here and did a great job hosting also, it was the opening of the Bob Hope Cultural Center, in Palm Springs i think, and Lucy introduced a little girl, a violin prodigy and presented her flowers when she finished playing. She also did some jokes at Bob's expense at the opening. She introduced Alvin Ailey's dance company, it was a classy affair and she just never looked lovelier at that stage of her career.

First Lady of Television, indeed. Stunning. wub.gif

This is the exact same way she appeared on The Joan Rivers Show on Fox, looking thirty years younger, i wondered if it was a special lens or what? And she also looked better and younger when she looked a bit heavier. The worst she ever looked was when she did the Night of 100 Stars, maybe it was after Stone Pillow and the illness she got doing that movie. But here she looked positively REGAL!!!

SHE SOUNDS SO YOUNG ( though her voice is deeper, its more like her regular voice in the 60's!!! She must have been resting !!!) AND SHE LOOKED SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Claude dear, when I saw this I thought of you, and your description of Lucy this night...you described her to a T, she looks AMAZING! When they show her around 7:13, she shows those glamorous and youthful legs!! Amazing!

. and This was Lucy backstage that night.

Just as gorgeous as she looked on television.

2qutcas.jpg

SHE SOUNDS SO YOUNG ( though her voice is deeper, its more like her regular voice in the 60's!!! She must have been resting !!!) AND SHE LOOKED SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Claude dear, when I saw this I thought of you, and your description of Lucy this night...you described her to a T, she looks AMAZING! When they show her around 7:13, she shows those glamorous and youthful legs!! Amazing!

2qutcas.jpg

Gorgeous, yes. Airbrushed...definitely! cool.gif

2qutcas.jpg

OMG thank you so much for putting that up, i've never seen that one and although it's somewhat ruined for me by having that bitch from hell next to Lucy, it's still a gorgeous photograph, just B E A U T I F U L ! You see, when she's heavier, the wrinkles don't show. At The Night of 100 Stars, she looks really skinny and the show took seven hours to film so she was definitely tired. On the Bob Hope Cultural Center opening, she hosts, looks regal, walks great, speaks beautifully and doesn't even seem nervous. At The Oscars, she was very nervous.

Gorgeous, yes. Airbrushed...definitely! cool.gif

I dunno about that, she looked so great that night on tv that i think that pic might NOT be airbrushed, you can still see the wrinkles around the eyes, so if it was airbrushed, they would have taken those lines out. Maybe she was wearing that LIFT contraption?

Great picture -- but it looks like Lucy and Nancy were rendered in chalk pastels. lol

I disagree here too, Lucy almost always was auditioning for the commercial for WHITE OUT, but not here, you can see the rouge she wore on her cheeks, bitch nancy does look like the whitest woman in the world there though.

2qutcas.jpg

Sorry, i just needed to see that picture again. LOL! Is it just me or was B L U E her color? That dress was one of the most beautiful she ever wore. That was the one she wore at the Variety Clubs tribute to herself, where Sinatra, upon seeing the slit up to her thigh said COULDN'T YOU AFFORD THE WHOLE DRESS? LOL! The black Oscar dress seems to have been a slight variation with the same slit up the side, same glitter and the only thing she changed was the silver at the top that she switched to GOLD to look better with her gorgeous reddish hair.

:bill1: Have you been to an oculist lately?

No, i'm not a fan of the OCCULT. Listen, i know i'm old and can't see very well, I'm S I X T Y years old, i only wear those cheap reading glasses you buy at Wal Mart when i go on the computer or read, and i said i am certainly no expert in airbrushing techniques, BUT, how come she looked exactly the same, wrinkle less, on the show, was there a midget airbrushing every frame the camera was filming??? AND, the wrinkles are still there, under the eyes, wouldn't those have been removed by a pro?

HA please- lol almost every pic we've seen of Lucy was photoshopped, so let's just appreciate it. After all, the fact of the matter is she looked great that night.

If you look around on the internet you can find pics of her with no photoshop and she still looks quite nice and rested. Just beautiful. So here's to the ladies natural and unnatural beauty lol

HA please- lol almost every pic we've seen of Lucy was photoshopped, so let's just appreciate it. After all, the fact of the matter is she looked great that night.

If you look around on the internet you can find pics of her with no photoshop and she still looks quite nice and rested. Just beautiful. So here's to the ladies natural and unnatural beauty lol

BUT, you're an expert, doesn't that pic like it was NOT photoshopped? She looked terrific, and exactly the same on the telecast and THAT was not photoshopped and if it was, why wouldn't they have removed the one wrinkled area under her eyes?

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, it DOES look like Lucy's redoing her dancing with the dummy number from ILL.

wow i thought a thank you would be intertwined in those comments some where, but...lol I guess it's time for someone else to finally do some pic posting cus yall are a thuckin joke lol

heres the unretouched pic ill go ahead and post for yall ungrateful asks, enjoy ya lil bits and IM OUT. BINCHEEEEES! lolol

ungratefullol.jpg lol jus kidin

Don't be silly, we didn't mean it like that. I think the untouched version looks very beautiful, the other version also looked great but it was just very obvious that it had been altered, but honestly though that pose would look great in a wax museaum! They have never had Lucy in a wax museum before..................as far as I know.

Don't be silly, we didn't mean it like that. I think the untouched version looks very beautiful, the other version also looked great but it was just very obvious that it had been altered, but honestly though that pose would look great in a wax museaum! They have never had Lucy in a wax museum before..................as far as I know.

OMG, did you just crawl out from under a rock, Lucy's been in many many waxed versions in several museums over the decades, including the famous Madame Tussaud's.

wow i thought a thank you would be intertwined in those comments some where, but...lol I guess it's time for someone else to finally do some pic posting cus yall are a thuckin joke lol

heres the unretouched pic ill go ahead and post for yall ungrateful asks, enjoy ya lil bits and IM OUT. BINCHEEEEES! lolol

ungratefullol.jpg lol jus kidin

Hey Lam, do you actually R E A D the posts? I say repeatedly that that is one of the most beautiful shots of her ever posted on the net and here i THANK YOUTHANK YOUfor putting it up, i had no idea it was photoshopped at all until you posted the UNphotoshopped picture as she looked so incredible ON SCREEN on that evening's broadcast.

*deciphers post*

I think we all complimented the picture, Lamarr. Selective reading? ;)

Archived